Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD vs. Calvary or other saddlebags

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:38 AM
msgtia
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD vs. Calvary or other saddlebags

Need some feedback. I have a 011 RKC, vivid black. Considering swapping out the leather bags for the hard bags. Easy swap but curious, for anyone that has done that, did you go with the HD RK hard saddlebags or the Calvary Fiberglass bags or other ones that are available.

If not too much trouble, would love to see some pics of RKC's with the hard saddlebags. Thanks everyone.

Old 04-28-2011, 10:23 PM
jimmy z
Road Captain
Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

I have a 06' RKC and wanted to change to hard bags.I bought a nice set of Calvary hard bags from a forum member.Had them for about six months before I decided to buy a new set of HD stretch bags.The only reason I switched was because I wanted the,"stretch bag"look.If I didn't I would have kept the Calvary and been very happy w/them.IMO the Calvary were great.They came w/locks and the insides were lined w/a felt type material.As much as I like the new HD bags,I kinda wish I kept the Calvary bags.BTW just sold the Calvary's last week to a friend who was also looking to switch from leather to hard.He seems to be very happy w/them.I have some pics of my bike w/them but don't know how to post them here,sorry.