Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

about Pledge use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 09:08 AM
motorcyclelockman
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rat1
The scent comes from citrus based oils that are acidic.
That is the reason I use unsented pledge. Works great and NO Lemon smell.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:36 AM
steveh326
Road Warrior
Received 143 Likes on 61 Posts

I guess I'll be the lone desenter here... I don't get the fascination with Pledge. It's just oil, water, and scent. yeah it'll shine the bike for a while, but I prefer to use one of the automotive detailing sprays made for the task. I have 2 black dually trucks for business, plus a black pearl bike. I recently tried the turtle wax black detailer spray and was very happy with the results. I use regular automotive detailer spray from mothers, meguires, etc for the non-black vehicles. I save the Pledge for inside the house.

anyone can use whatever they want on their vehicles... I just know what works for me.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:49 AM
steelpony5555
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tried the Pledge but must be doing something wrong cause I get the oily residue too. So I use Mothers, Turtle or Ice spray and wipe wax/cleaner, usually what ever is on sale.

Old 04-26-2011, 09:56 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

This needs to be made as a Sticky....

Old 04-26-2011, 10:40 AM
who?me?
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wife and I both like to use it. I like it on the coffee table while she likes to use it on the end tables and the breakfest room set. works great.

Old 04-26-2011, 11:01 AM
twofish
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 04-26-2011, 11:23 AM
C Clamp
Cruiser

I wax about 2-3 times a year. I am looking for an inexpensive quick clean and plan on trying pledge. A friend of mine was "accosted" at a gas station by a guy selling stuff called Fast Wax.. I believe this is the website. He opted for the small can for 5 bucks. After a good buggy road trip he was out and about early the next morning "testing" his small can. I have a Sunglow Red Ultra, his wife's Glide is Black and he has a Red/Black Limited. It removed the bugs, and put a nice shine on all of them. I am going to try the pledge, but has anyone tried or heard of this stuff? Spray to apply, wipe off bugs and excess, then let dry to haze and buff with clean microfiber. I am thinking pledge is going to be quicker just curious about the fast wax.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:00 PM
*Convict
6th Gear

I just dont like the haze that doesnt buff out.

Old 04-26-2011, 02:07 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

I spray the whole bike down with it, wipe it off, then buff it with a soft microfiber towel. Makes EVERYTHING sparkle!

Not worried about it being flammable....hell I got a 6 gallon tank full of gas right there!

~Joe

Old 04-26-2011, 05:59 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by C Clamp
I wax about 2-3 times a year. I am looking for an inexpensive quick clean and plan on trying pledge. A friend of mine was "accosted" at a gas station by a guy selling stuff called Fast Wax.. I believe this is the website. He opted for the small can for 5 bucks. After a good buggy road trip he was out and about early the next morning "testing" his small can. I have a Sunglow Red Ultra, his wife's Glide is Black and he has a Red/Black Limited. It removed the bugs, and put a nice shine on all of them. I am going to try the pledge, but has anyone tried or heard of this stuff? Spray to apply, wipe off bugs and excess, then let dry to haze and buff with clean microfiber. I am thinking pledge is going to be quicker just curious about the fast wax.
I have fastwax homie! I didnt think anybody else had heard of it.

It works like a CHAMPION...chrome, plastic, rubber, etc. I bought 3 cans for 40 bucks on base one day when they were hustling it outside the Class VI. I really like it!

Quick Reply: about Pledge use?