Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

about Pledge use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:42 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I have moved on from Pledge. I now save even more with the generic Walmart version.

Old 04-25-2011, 01:47 PM
Coolhawg6622
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Scaredofrain
I have tried the pledge route. It was a disappointing one for me. Looks either like it leaves an oily residue when using too much or no visible effect if using less.
I have therefore Pledged to have nothing touch my girl but McGuire wax!
I cant believe you have an opinion and shame on you......

Blah blah blah

So.....I dont and wont use it!! I am not trying to "convince" anybody otherwise. So use it to your hearts content....

Better watch out as it may void your warranty....... lol

Old 04-25-2011, 03:05 PM
TW
Road Master
Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

I've used it for probably 20 years with no ill-effects.

I've found that the original lemon "flavor" works better than some of the other ones they've came out with over the years. The others tended to streak more.

Old 04-25-2011, 09:15 PM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowRain
Guess by that way of thinking then Right Guard needs to quit making spray deodorant. Or perhaps PAM cooking products should be outlawed. OMG shaving cream...and we put that on our face!!!!

Ummm well I don't spray it on the bike...actually spray it onto a microfiber towel and apply that way...but whatever.

Hey...it works...but if you think it's bad for your bike...don't like the idea that something this inexpensive should be put on your bike...or just think conventional wax should be better...then by all means....don't use it.

As far as showing up here and thinking you are going to convince people who have used it (and often times for many years) that it is "bad for your bike"...you are wasting your time. Move on.
Just like some here are trying to convince others that Pledge is the greatest thing for your automotive type paint finishes then regular wax and other products that were actually designed for something other then WOOD and WOOD laminate?????

As far as personal products, I use a stick and not a spray for anything, As far as shaving, soap and water if I am feeling like a puss but otherwise plain water will do. But then I don't shave every day. About twice a week.

Old 04-26-2011, 05:44 AM
BillyG0856
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well.....Darn! I was feeling pretty good about the amount of time I was spending cleaning and 'PLEDGING' my bike....figuring I wasnt putting off other jobs that I REALLY needed to do.

And then THIS........

Originally Posted by MSgt Rose
The other day I needed to polish some furniture..... so I went out to the bike cabinet where I store the pledge, brought it into the house and polished some furniture.
So much for feeling GOOD!!!! ;-)

I sure hope that I dont find out Im supposed to use my shop vac for anything but blowing water off the bike!!!!

PS....I saw a PLEDGE commercial the other day...showing the USEFUL uses for PLEDGE.....one of em was a "MOTORCYCLE".

All in jest .....

Old 04-26-2011, 05:48 AM
lipster
Cruiser

And I'm in therapy over using the leaf blower for drying it off....

Old 04-26-2011, 06:37 AM
Hershel
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Leaf blower and pledge, I'll have to give both a try. One never knows what he can learn on this forum.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 AM
BillyG0856
Road Captain

Originally Posted by lipster
And I'm in therapy over using the leaf blower for drying it off....
LMAO!!!!!!!! I bought a $25 electric leaf blower from WallyWorld.....JUST for the purpose of blowing off the bike. But it's not near as 'controllable'...it's HEAVY....and Im LAZY!!!! I blow the bulk of water off with it....LOL....I even bought a 'Sterilite' storage pan (about twice the size of a dishpan), and a 1 gallon pump up sprayer (water)....just for washing the tires and wheels. I have a gravel driveway...and the rocks are 'uncomfortable' on my ....n/m.

Old 04-26-2011, 07:55 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Leaf blowers work like a champ!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:27 AM
latnyte
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i got a cheap walmart shop vac to dry my bike this season and went to get it tthe other day only to find out the ole lady had been picking up dogshit with it in the back yard O.O hahaha hand dry it is ...

Quick Reply: about Pledge use?