Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

about Pledge use?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 AM
RockerMike
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

What makes pledge improper materials?

Originally Posted by Coolhawg6622
I use pledge on my end tables...... I guess I figure if I can afford a $20k plus bike I can afford the proper materials to keep/clean it...... I find it amazing that people spend there hard earned money on a toy and then look for "cheap" materials to keep it up....

Griotsgarage has top notch materials to do so.......all just my .02

Old 04-25-2011, 10:23 AM
Desoto
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Old 04-25-2011, 10:26 AM
JCleary
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by RockerMike
What makes pledge improper materials?
'Cause it's cheap and he can't justify using it on an expensive bike.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:55 AM
Rat1
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I use pledge on my end tables...... I guess I figure if I can afford a $20k plus bike I can afford the proper materials to keep/clean it...... I find it amazing that people spend there hard earned money on a toy and then look for "cheap" materials to keep it up....

And why would anyone want to spray something that is highly flamable on to their expensive scooter. Anything highly flamable can not be good for paint.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:03 AM
MSgt Rose
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The other day I needed to polish some furniture..... so I went out to the bike cabinet where I store the pledge, brought it into the house and polished some furniture.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat1
And why would anyone want to spray something that is highly flamable on to their expensive scooter. Anything highly flamable can not be good for paint.
I’m assuming it’s highly flammable because it’s an aerosol can.
All aerosol cans, can be used as bow torches and blow up if thrown in a fire.

Old 04-25-2011, 11:27 AM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
Old 04-25-2011, 12:22 PM
SlowRain
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Rat1
Guess by that way of thinking then Right Guard needs to quit making spray deodorant. Or perhaps PAM cooking products should be outlawed. OMG shaving cream...and we put that on our face!!!!

Ummm well I don't spray it on the bike...actually spray it onto a microfiber towel and apply that way...but whatever.

Hey...it works...but if you think it's bad for your bike...don't like the idea that something this inexpensive should be put on your bike...or just think conventional wax should be better...then by all means....don't use it.

As far as showing up here and thinking you are going to convince people who have used it (and often times for many years) that it is "bad for your bike"...you are wasting your time. Move on.

Last edited by SlowRain; 04-25-2011 at 12:27 PM.
Old 04-25-2011, 12:30 PM
Scaredofrain
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Pledge

I have tried the pledge route. It was a disappointing one for me. Looks either like it leaves an oily residue when using too much or no visible effect if using less.
I have therefore Pledged to have nothing touch my girl but McGuire wax!

Old 04-25-2011, 01:26 PM
Cryptoboy
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 3,878 Likes on 1,415 Posts

What makes it improper? Because it doesn't say "Harley-Davidson" or that it's specifically for motorcycles? Make sure you only use the right car - excuse me - bike wash concentrate too!

Pledge is basically the same thing as the Honda detail polish. Just not as expensive. Seems silly to pay more for the exact same thing if you ask me, but to each their own.

I've tried Pledge and think it works well. A couple of years ago I got this stuff called The BOM for basically the same thing. $20 for a huge bottle that has lasted for years (plus at the time I got a travel bottle, plus a 2nd bottle for free). I'll typically wash the bike (if it's really dirty), use the BOM afterwards to keep it from water spotting (living in the desert heat it's hard to get it dry fast enough). I might wax the bike once a year or so, just use either Pledge or that other stuff and it stays pretty shiny.

Quick Reply: about Pledge use?