Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the Gerbing's pants?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 08:46 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ks6c
I just tie them in a loose overhand knot, otherwise there is no way they stay connected!
I have thought of this but fear it would eventually deteriorate the wires???

Originally Posted by carlgrover
I've thought about getting Gerbings pants but with engine guard chaps http://www.airlite.ca/index.php, heated jacket liner, and unheated overpants (Tourmaster) I don't feel the need. I have ridden down into the lower 20's like this.
Thanks, I saved the link but I spend most of my time riding with my feet on highway pegs. I like the fact that they have highway peg cutouts.

Also with the Gerbing's pants I will not have to wear chaps in cold weather. I know I am gonna break down and buy them eventually. Sure would be nice to find them on sale somewhere....

Old 04-25-2011, 09:45 AM
skootchnc
Grand HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 502 Likes on 260 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
I know the season is over but I will still be riding at night in chilly weather. Finally bought the jacket liner yesterday (already had the gloves, boot liners and dual controller) and was considering the pant liners but the HD shop said they no longer carried them What they have is an outer pant that looks awesome and actually more practical than liners IMO. I guess I can answer my own question but are they actually worth the $280.00??? The sales person said they were water resistant, not waterproof so still need rain gear if raining but I actually like the idea of being able to put them on over a pair of jeans. Just curious and hoping for feedback from anyone that has them.
are they worth the $280??? that motly depends on how often you wear them, and how comfortable you with them.
I bought mine through their discount outlet, and I promise you... I think they would have been a bargin at the MSRP.

Unlike the gloves, or jacket liner, the pants don't actually make you warm... so much as you notice after a few hors, that your legs are not cold. I've never realy felt the HEAT of the over pants through my jeans.... but I know, if I wasn't wearing them... I'd be freezing my nuts off.... literaly

Water proof? water resistant? I dunno... I've been in some rain, and they have yet to leak. you can go to most any campng suppply store, and buy a can of waterproof... and treat the pants each year.

Old 04-25-2011, 04:23 PM
ks6c
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by strtarrow
I have thought of this but fear it would eventually deteriorate the wires???
Don't pull 'em tight - the fact that they are looped together keeps the plugs from pulling apart.

Old 04-25-2011, 10:22 PM
Hot
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

May want to check this site http://www.heatedclothingoutlet.com/pantLiner.shtml
I found this link in a heated ware thread last fall. I haven't brought anything from them, but the Gerbing's 12v heated pant liners go for $99.00.
Thanks,
Rod

Old 04-25-2011, 11:50 PM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

never tried them, but i did hear about a story with richard gere and something about a gerbil.

Old 04-26-2011, 06:41 AM
bobros
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You might want to look at First Gear Overpants. No weather too cold with these.

http://www.firstgear-usa.com/Pants/CSSHTOverpants.html