Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Garage Door Opener Install Complete (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011 | 05:42 PM
usmc3468
Tourer

Nice job ! ! ! Looks very clean and factory.

Old 04-24-2011 | 06:47 PM
BadBagger08
Tourer

alkrisma, I see you finished up the job. Nice work.

While wiring up my NO2 system and using the high beam for the activation switch for the purge valve and still using it for my garage door opener. I figured out you don't need the positive going to the battery terminal of the opener. You will get the 12v source from the switch, in my case the high beam switch.
I discovered this while trying to wire in a relay to cut power to the garage door opener while the NOS system is activated. To actually make it work I had to use the relay to break the ground circuit.

Pm me if you like.
Jim

Old 04-24-2011 | 06:52 PM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member

Now that's interesting. But good job and great ideal.

Old 04-24-2011 | 07:02 PM
mmcbeat
Elite HDF Member

Neat job - guess I must be lazy, I carry a Genie opener on my key ring.
Again, neat job.

Old 04-24-2011 | 07:06 PM
alkrisma
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by BadBagger08
alkrisma, I see you finished up the job. Nice work.

While wiring up my NO2 system and using the high beam for the activation switch for the purge valve and still using it for my garage door opener. I figured out you don't need the positive going to the battery terminal of the opener. You will get the 12v source from the switch, in my case the high beam switch.
I discovered this while trying to wire in a relay to cut power to the garage door opener while the NOS system is activated. To actually make it work I had to use the relay to break the ground circuit.

Pm me if you like.
Jim
re hd switch; the green wire must be the power? I cut the green wire back on my switch and used the blue and red to the remote button. it works real well and I thought was pretty easy to do. thanks to all for the help

Old 04-24-2011 | 07:13 PM
alkrisma
|
Road Captain

Originally Posted by mmcbeat
Neat job - guess I must be lazy, I carry a Genie opener on my key ring.
Again, neat job.
I used to keep the mini genie in my front pocket and could feel the button through pants. when it broke I decided to do this mod (had 2 extra remotes because cars have homelink). from start to finish it took about 1 hour.I previously soldered wires to remote before install (approx 1/2 hr).

Old 04-24-2011 | 07:15 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member

Not to hijack, but could you post a pic of the setup you have for mounting your GPS on the left bar? I am wanting to get a GPS and am looking at mounting options and how much room I need. Thanks

Old 04-24-2011 | 07:26 PM
alkrisma
|
Road Captain

I used Ram Product Number: RAM-B-272U there is plenty of room to adjust in all angles, just leave a little slack in the power cord

Attached Thumbnails Garage Door Opener Install Complete (PICS)-ramb272u.jpg   Garage Door Opener Install Complete (PICS)-flhx103_dash1.jpg  
Old 04-24-2011 | 07:47 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by alkrisma
I used Ram Product Number: RAM-B-272U there is plenty of room to adjust in all angles, just leave a little slack in the power cord
Hey thanks very much! Thats an awesome set-up. Do you use the standard length double socket arm like this: http://www.ram-mount.com/CatalogResu...5/Default.aspx

I am taking it that the ball mount you show mounts to the existing mirror hole on the clutch lever mount?

Old 04-24-2011 | 07:59 PM
18BKLR
Road Master

I did this what a 10 dollar GM home link kit from Ebay. Worked like a charm. Can program it for any door I ever have. I also have a light kit installed in my house that I can turn the lights on and off with it also. Pretty neat stuff.

Attached Thumbnails Garage Door Opener Install Complete (PICS)-img00027-20110326-2126.jpg  

Quick Reply: Garage Door Opener Install Complete (PICS)