Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Klockwerks "Super saver" mufflers on a SG (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

HD Shock.......those bars look great. What manufacture and height are they? Also, what's your height and inseam? I'm 6ft, 34" inseam, and just by looking at them, think they would be perfect for my 2011 RGC.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:31 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Phil...your bike looks great!

I didn't see the short upslash/forward slash as avaialble. When I ordered mine from RideShack, they only showed the shorties in straight cut.

Your setup has a different sound I imagine as I still have the stock head tubes and cat....mine still sound good, but yours are probably a tad bit louder.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked them, as they are longer than stock....but I've grown to like them.

I feel better having people say they look good, versus telling me they're too long.

Getting them on was a PAIN. The stockers had "welded" themselves on, and thus required a little beating and a pipe wrench to break them free...thus the stockers were ruined, but they came off!

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 04-24-2011 at 09:46 AM.
Old 04-24-2011, 09:33 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by Tek74
HD Shock.......those bars look great. What manufacture and height are they? Also, what's your height and inseam? I'm 6ft, 34" inseam, and just by looking at them, think they would be perfect for my 2011 RGC.
Only downside I see is that your hands no longer have the fariing to keep them warmer on cool days. My hands are behind the fairing, and with heated grips...it's nice having warm hands.

It does look good though.....I'm guessing that is a 12" Klock windscreen.

~Joe

Old 04-24-2011, 09:52 AM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Only downside I see is that your hands no longer have the fariing to keep them warmer on cool days. My hands are behind the fairing, and with heated grips...it's nice having warm hands.
~Joe
Its funny you mentioned that. I was thinking the same thing, especially after doing my break in this last winter. But if I decide to do baby apes, I'd definately do Heat Demon heated hand grips.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:00 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Well, I had a BEAUTIFUL set of 13" 1.25 dia. apes on my DYNA, everything chromed, with the braided cables, etc. and I can attest to the coolness factor.

For now at least, I'm happy with where I'm at...but this hobby has a way of making a guy eat his words of "keeping her stock" ya know?

~Joe

Old 04-24-2011, 12:19 PM
HD_Shock
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Tek74
The bars are 11in Santees. (#693671) $80 + shipping from our friend, PC Pain.

They're similar to Wild1 Chubbies but not as wide (about an inch wider than stock). I'm 6 ft also but a 32in inseam. I wouldn't mind if they were about an inch taller, but the next size up (14in) was just too tall for my tastes. They should fit you like a glove since you sit a bit lower than I do. My hands are outside the pocket now, but just slightly. (the photo makes them look wider than they are) Overall, I'm really happy with them! Quality seems great - especially for the price.

Originally Posted by traveler
Phil...your bike looks great!

I didn't see the short upslash/forward slash as avaialble. When I ordered mine from RideShack, they only showed the shorties in straight cut.

Your setup has a different sound I imagine as I still have the stock head tubes and cat....mine still sound good, but yours are probably a tad bit louder.

At first I wasn't sure if I liked them, as they are longer than stock....but I've grown to like them.

I feel better having people say they look good, versus telling me they're too long.

Getting them on was a PAIN. The stockers had "welded" themselves on, and thus required a little beating and a pipe wrench to break them free...thus the stockers were ruined, but they came off!

~Joe
Thanks, Joel!

I like your pipes too … it's just a different look. A little more classic/tour-ish vs more hotrod-ish. Mine were a piece of cake to install. Bike only had about 100 miles on it … the stockers almost fell off by themselves!

Yeah, I'm sure your cat muffles the sound a bit … I wanted it gone asap to help with heat. (ok, maybe for sound too) lol

One thing I didn't like about the mufflers - with the slash up, it's easy to see inside to the ugly baffle plate/welds. A little flat black header paint took care of it.