Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

modular helmets - likes and dislikes

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2011, 11:32 AM
Rich Camara
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've had the HAWK modular helmet for about three years now and think its a great helmet for the price. Very comfortable. I bought it at the below link. I like having the option of being able to flip it up if I need to and having the built in tinted visor is great if you don't want to wear sunglasses, and the fact that it looks cool kinda like a fighter pilot's helmet is neat too...
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycl...met/54907.html

Old 04-28-2011, 04:01 PM
black02flht
Novice

Originally Posted by Rich Camara
I've had the HAWK modular helmet for about three years now and think its a great helmet for the price. Very comfortable. I bought it at the below link. I like having the option of being able to flip it up if I need to and having the built in tinted visor is great if you don't want to wear sunglasses, and the fact that it looks cool kinda like a fighter pilot's helmet is neat too...
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Motorcycl...met/54907.html
I had never heard of the Hawk helmets. I went to their site and this helmet you mentioned is very reasonably priced. I was surprised. I would like to hear more about it from those that have it and use it. Please feel free to chime in with your experiences.

I need a helmet that does not squeeze my cheeks together such that I end up chewing on them.

Thanks,

Old 04-28-2011, 04:02 PM
MisterPX
Tourer

Originally Posted by black02flht
. I would say that my head is more of the round type rather than oval.
Then the Caberg, Roof, and Nolan N43 will work for you. You also didn't list where you are in your user details, so it's harder to say "here, try mine"

Also take a look here http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcyc...met-shapes.htm

Old 04-28-2011, 10:18 PM
Airborne Limited
Supporter
Default Sy-Max II

I have owned a HJC Sy-Max II for three years. It matched my Goldwing. Fear not, I put the deposit down on my new 2011 Ultra Classic Limited today. I love this helmet. I feel comfortable riding face closed, face closed visor open and visor open even at highway speeds.

With the face open the wind cuts underneath the face and over the top of the helmet instead of catching the wind and pushing your head back, so it really is no problem to ride face open at highway speeds if it is warm out and you want some wind on your face.

I have a Super Seer shorty helmet that I wear sometimes, but I mostly wear the HJC modular. I will be buying a new HJC IS-Max BT modular to match the Vivid Black Limited. Best price I can find on the net is from newenough.com at $160 (bought the Sy-Max II from them cheap as well).

My daughter likes it too!

Attached Thumbnails modular helmets - likes and dislikes-img_0138.jpg