Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Fork Mounted Variable Wind Deflectors

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 04:37 AM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Fork Mounted Variable Wind Deflectors

Any body have any of these yet? Thoughts? Function in Comparison to the Harley ones? http://www.kuryakyn.com/Products/391...ind-Deflectors The sliding vents seem pretty cool.

Old 04-23-2011, 05:10 AM
Tinner Briman
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had them on my bike for about two months now and I'm very pleased with them. I did have the HD deflectors before but what swayed me was the operational vents and they are much more pleasing to the eye. They take about two minutes to install and then there is two set screws to adjust and that's it. The set screws determine how easily the vents slide open or closed. I have no regrets and would purchase then again. I hope this helps!

Old 04-23-2011, 06:32 AM
ThaGlyde
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i know they will be really helpful but....i just cant move myself to doing it. i think all wind fork deflectors are ugly. Maybe ill get over it just like my former dislike of fuglys.

Old 04-23-2011, 01:45 PM
Just Dave
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinner Briman
I have had them on my bike for about two months now and I'm very pleased with them. I did have the HD deflectors before but what swayed me was the operational vents and they are much more pleasing to the eye. They take about two minutes to install and then there is two set screws to adjust and that's it. The set screws determine how easily the vents slide open or closed. I have no regrets and would purchase then again. I hope this helps!
Glad you like them, I have about decided to try some.

Originally Posted by ThaGlyde
i know they will be really helpful but....i just cant move myself to doing it. i think all wind fork deflectors are ugly. Maybe ill get over it just like my former dislike of fuglys.
Thats the way I feel about them as well, they are all fugly, but these actually look kinda cool I think.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:15 PM
GPHDXLC
Grand HDF Member
Received 363 Likes on 252 Posts

From the pics I've seen the Kuryakyn look the best.
My main question, do they help stop wind buffeting from coming up from under the gas tank??
I love my new Windshield but, I get a lot of wind coming up my chest and hitting me in the chin, makes my glasses wiggle like hell.
I don't have any problem with the wind from the top of the shield, just from under it, would be great if the wind deflector would help...Thanks.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:28 PM
JS999R
Cruiser

Originally Posted by GPHDXLC
My main question, do they help stop wind buffeting from coming up from under the gas tank??
I love my new Windshield but, I get a lot of wind coming up my chest and hitting me in the chin, makes my glasses wiggle like hell.
I don't have any problem with the wind from the top of the shield, just from under it, would be great if the wind deflector would help...Thanks.

You make a valid point on the subject of where is the wind coming from. I think this is typical of wind buffeting problems other bike owners experience. Its that wind that comes up from underneath and goes directly into your face. Personally, I would accept a little funky/fugly if the thing actually worked.

I find myself riding mostly without the windshield now. The irony is the shield is supposed to stop the wind and it does in many respects, but other issues pop up like buffeting and turbulance in traffic. With a shieldless bike, aerodynamic helmet and leather (wind cutting) jacket, I ride in clean air up to about 65mph to 70mph. Its also more fun but not during bug season.

Last edited by JS999R; 04-24-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 07:40 PM
Tinner Briman
Advanced

I did notice a big difference when I put the HD ones on my 06' Fatboy that had a windshield, but when I put them on my Ultra I did the triple tree baffle and Clearview windshield all at the same time so I can't tell you the wind deflectors accomplished it all by themselves. I can tell you that when I put my feet out on the highway pegs that the air still rides up my legs and hits my chest. I'm not a smoker but I have no doubt that a guy could smoke a heater if he wanted to (when his feet are on the running boards). To some degree we just have to admit that we are on a motorcycle and we are going to get a little wind in the face.

Old 04-24-2011, 07:42 PM
MareRider
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Try This

I put the front wheel air baffle kit on mine over the winter & 300 miles so far so good. I got tired of the wind coming up at me between the tank & windshield.

Hope this cure your problem

Old 04-25-2011, 01:21 PM
98Ultra
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MareRider
Try This

I put the front wheel air baffle kit on mine over the winter & 300 miles so far so good. I got tired of the wind coming up at me between the tank & windshield.

Hope this cure your problem

I tried it, on three different Ultras now. The first one, a 98 didn't really have a problem to begin with. On the 08, no difference that I could tell. On the 09, I still have wind coming over the lowers and over the tank.

Old 04-25-2011, 02:16 PM
dstrat1
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them, and they make a big difference in buffeting...If you use the freedom wings, and a clearview shield with a vent along with the deflectors. you can eliminate the buffeting

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Fork Mounted Variable Wind Deflectors