Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

More thoughts on lowering my 2010 Ultra

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2011, 09:26 PM
C908
Road Warrior
Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts

After reading many comments it seems most agree Streetglide shocks on an Ultra will give a rough ride. I have not read any comments on the Harley Profile low touring shocks. They are advertised saying you will not lose any ride quality.They say seat height is reduced by 3/4 of an inch. Can anyone using these shocks please give some feedback?

Old 04-23-2011, 09:41 PM
wrenchguy24
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

2010 ultra!!! I have 940 on rear progressive drop 1 inch in front
seat lowerd and narrowed by meancity cycles
im 5'5 30 inch inseam!!!

Love it!!!!

Old 04-24-2011, 05:28 AM
powerworker
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

03 Ultra put harley profile low touring shocks on and lowered front .Did not lose any ride quality or cornering.200lbs and wife 200lbs.Would do it in a heartbeat on next bike

Old 04-24-2011, 09:40 AM
Bigiron
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

2010 Limited. Installed Progressive 12" 412's. 5'7" with 29" inseam. HD Super Reduced Seat. I can flat foot it, but did lose some shock travel. I have yet to scrape on curves. I felt that it was worth losing some ride comfort in order to have my feet safely on the ground.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Chunker
Road Warrior
Received 65 Likes on 46 Posts

I lowered front and rear the 2011 limited but don't have enough miles on it yet to comment about scraping etc. I also am going to put the Mustantg Low down seat, 1.5" drop, when it comes in. Dealer talked to Mustang who said it's been more popular than they thought and are back ordered, but they pulled one from another order since this was a sold bike. Be here next week so more comments later

Old 04-24-2011, 10:24 AM
NDBadlands4-2
Extreme HDF Member
Received 67 Likes on 57 Posts

I put the low profile shocks on my 2010 last year. My wife did not notice any difference and I can get right to the ground easy flat footed. I am very glad I did it.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:32 AM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
I have put 4,000 miles on my 2010 Ultra Classic and here is what I'm thinking. I'm 5'7 with a 30 inch inseam and weigh 170 lbs. I have the stock Low seat and I'm just barely able to flat foot.I have found wearing a boot with a thicker sole is better than my dress shoes when I ride to work. I checked with C & C about their Sport touring seat and they said it wouldn't be any lower than my stock low seat. They suggested changing the shocks to low profile shocks. I am considering the HD low profile shocks that retail for $279.00. They can probably be ordered some where for 20% off which would make them $223.00.They say they lower the seat height by 3/4 of an inch. My other consideration is the Progressive 940 shocks advertised to lower the seat height by 1 inch.So far the best price I have found is $519.00. Anyone else been in this same situation if so I would sure appreciate your thoughts. Thanks!
I wonder why you are having so much trouble getting your feet down flat. I am am 6', but only have a 27" inseam (God was playing games the day he made me...) I can put my feet down flat (barely) wearing a pair of thick soled Harley boots...
Though about lowering the bike, but I am not willing to take the hit in ride quality... I might try a reduced reach seat if I can find a used one cheap...

Old 04-24-2011, 10:40 AM
rklew
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by C908
After reading many comments it seems most agree Streetglide shocks on an Ultra will give a rough ride. I have not read any comments on the Harley Profile low touring shocks. They are advertised saying you will not lose any ride quality.They say seat height is reduced by 3/4 of an inch. Can anyone using these shocks please give some feedback?
I put the HD lower shocks on my 09 King and ride quality differently went down too. I may ever go back to stock.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:51 AM
jh2pizza
Cruiser

2011 Ultra - I am 5'4" with 29" inseam.

The 2011 half way through the production year switched to a lower seat the then "reach" seat is. We put street Glide shocks on the rear. That helped very little. THis spring we decided to go with the Progressive Mono Tubes. Dropped the front 2". Unless you rode the bike, you would not understand the difference it has made in the bike. THe handling is far superior to the factory springs by adding the gas charged cartridge. Yet to bottom them out. The few times we have had it out this spring we have quickly realized we now need to replace the rear shocks again and go with a progressive shock on the back. When you hit bumps or pot holes, even the wife notices the difference between the front and rear.

Old 04-24-2011, 10:52 AM
jh2pizza
Cruiser

I wonder why you are having so much trouble getting your feet down flat. I am am 6', but only have a 27" inseam (God was playing games the day he made me...) I can put my feet down flat (barely) wearing a pair of thick soled Harley boots...
Though about lowering the bike, but I am not willing to take the hit in ride quality... I might try a reduced reach seat if I can find a used one cheap...

Quick Reply: More thoughts on lowering my 2010 Ultra