Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

First Impressions

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 02:17 PM
TedMan
Road Warrior
Received 247 Likes on 159 Posts
Default First Impressions

Well, I'm in the middle of my break-in on my new RKC103 and so far very impressed. Ride and handling better than I expected on a big scoot, coming from many years of riding softails. Motor has good life for a stocker, and I've decided to go with Fuel Motos Power Pak with the new DynoVision. Also in the process of doing the following:

Comfort is priority #1, so I had MCC rework the stock seat while the weather has been crappy. I am 5'7" w/ 33" sleeve and 30" inseam, so told them to move me up about an inch, and down as far as possible w/o sacrifycing comfort. Got the seat back and don't think they lowered me more than 1". I am flat footed with a slight bend to knees, but was looking for another inch. Seat feels good, so I'll break it in and see how that goes. If not, it's progressives for me.

I like the stock handlebars quite a bit, but hate the position. Lot of great info on HDF about this issue w/ RK, so I've decided to go for 4.5" risers with about 1.5" pullback, accompanied by the slammer bars riser cover. I like the bars and hope this adjustment puts me in the sweet zone. Also got the forward boards from HD and will pair these up w/ Harley Goodies extensions to get the feet positioned well. Top it off with Kuryakyn adjustable dually hwy pegs/mount.

Also got Baron customs new passenger board adjustment mount they just came out with for the 2011's. Wife wants a little more room and better angle on feet, as well. Lastly, went with the Brukus saddlebag security set-up.

Question for the group. For those that have gone the Progressive suspension route, which one did you choose? 430 or 440? Did you also do the front, or just do the back, and what are the pros/cons of either approach. I'm really excited about my new scoot, and look forward to any input/advice you all may offer. Ride safe.

TedMan

Old 04-22-2011, 02:40 PM
oldbagr
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TedMan - congratulation on your new RKC! I have an '09 Ultra and did the Progressive Monotubes on my folks and it totally changed how my bike handles... no more shaking/squirming during slow speed maneuvers and rock solid at speed and through the twisties. I will be adding the 440's next month which is what Progressive recommended for touring models. Although I went with standard height on the forks, both the monotubes and the 440's are available in a 1" shorter version. I had my dealer install the chrome front end kit while they had the original forks off for the Progressive monotube install; the chrome front end would really top off your RKC.

Old 04-23-2011, 11:59 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior

One question for those that have gone this route. I've looked at the Bitchin Baggers job on the rear shocks as well. Looks like they get decent reviews here, but I do notice a number of them being sold on the classified section. For those that sold, why did you do it? Do they wear quicker? Thanks for any input.

TedMan

Old 04-24-2011, 08:32 AM
TedMan
Road Warrior

Anybody. Just want to get an idea for why people have sold theirs. Thanks.

TedMan

Originally Posted by TedMan
One question for those that have gone this route. I've looked at the Bitchin Baggers job on the rear shocks as well. Looks like they get decent reviews here, but I do notice a number of them being sold on the classified section. For those that sold, why did you do it? Do they wear quicker? Thanks for any input.

TedMan