Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2011 Streetglide seat that much better?

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2011, 10:28 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kesean
I can't speak for anyone else but the 2011 seat for me has been comfortable.
+1 best seat I have ever had on a bike, from a comfort standpoint don't think much can be done to improve, very nice stock, gonna have the cover redone, maybe add gel but it's not a must can ride for hours now no problem.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:47 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Porkchop! Damn son......I was beginning to think you were gone for good!

I guess I just got the itch for a leather saddle.....and an opportunity to scoot my butt back a couple inches.

Comfort wise, my stock seat is perfect. I just wanted to try to make my PERSONAL seating position even better!

I feel like I'm damn near on top of the tank...I want to be behind it.

As I stated earlier, my stock seat sold INSTANTLY!

~Joe

Last edited by traveler; 04-22-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

i hear you man! i've gotta do something different too, gonna have danny grey redo mine in a dark brown buffalo hide with vinyl side panels and heavy baseball style stiching, should go good with the merlot sunglo, ordering those lowers next week, sick of them looking so good on your scoot and besides need them before sturgis as i explained to the wife they are a must if you are going on a long tour so are the chrome lowers Where are the pics of the new seat!

Old 04-22-2011, 11:01 PM
cvoultrahunter
Advanced

I just put a 2010 CVO SG seat on mine. So, I have a 2010 stock Street Glide seat that I will most likely sell if anyone wants to make an offer. The seat is in perfect condition and only has 1500 mi on it.

Old 04-22-2011, 11:09 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by porkchopsd
i hear you man! i've gotta do something different too, gonna have danny grey redo mine in a dark brown buffalo hide with vinyl side panels and heavy baseball style stiching, should go good with the merlot sunglo, ordering those lowers next week, sick of them looking so good on your scoot and besides need them before sturgis as i explained to the wife they are a must if you are going on a long tour so are the chrome lowers Where are the pics of the new seat!
That's cool...there's another guy who modifies stock seat around here...mean city cycles?

On the lowers....lake shore is the cheapest....www.lshd1.com.....$529 SHIPPED...takes 3 weeks.

I live 28 miles from my doorstep to main street sturgis...so let me know when you and the wifey are coming up!

~Joe

Old 04-22-2011, 11:14 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

FWIW...leather seats are the best and DEFINITELY worth it! I had a leather solo on my Dyna...and can't wait for my leather and flamed king cobra LePera to arrive!

If you recover your seat, make sure the SEATING area is leather....sides in vinyl is fine, but the seating area is much softer and comfortable in the "real deal" cattle hide.

Oh...Buffalo hide....my chaps are buffalo hide...and I love 'em!

~Joe

Old 04-22-2011, 11:20 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member

Originally Posted by cvoultrahunter
I just put a 2010 CVO SG seat on mine. So, I have a 2010 stock Street Glide seat that I will most likely sell if anyone wants to make an offer. The seat is in perfect condition and only has 1500 mi on it.
Congrats! Good score on the seat! I sat on a CVO streetglide, and was checkin' out the seat myself!

look at the posts above, there was at least one guy I know of who wanted a stock SG seat after I sold mine.

Anybody with the "crappy" 2009-2010 seats will be interested. The 2011 stock seat is MUCHO improved from what I understand.

~Joe

Old 04-22-2011, 11:24 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep...they are a tad lower with more support

Old 04-22-2011, 11:55 PM
porkchopsd
Tourer

Originally Posted by traveler
That's cool...there's another guy who modifies stock seat around here...mean city cycles?

On the lowers....lake shore is the cheapest....www.lshd1.com.....$529 SHIPPED...takes 3 weeks.

I live 28 miles from my doorstep to main street sturgis...so let me know when you and the wifey are coming up!

~Joe
Thanks Joe, you bet we've got to have a cold one for sure, no wifey coming on the trip she will be holding down the fort.

Old 04-23-2011, 09:45 AM
cvoultrahunter
Advanced

The 2010 CVO seat is just what I needed. Lowered me just enough to get my feet flat without having to lower the suspesion. The extra little lower support coupled wiith the rider backrest I put on should be a welcome change for this tired old back of mine. D&D Fat Cat with ghost pipe came in. Going to get them on, get it on the Dyno & can't wait for the weather to break (hopefully later this week) so I can get her out and run her a bit.

Quick Reply: 2011 Streetglide seat that much better?