Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just Received my new Mustang Low Down..

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2011, 08:25 AM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Just Received my new Mustang Low Down..

Ok, so out of the box, the seat looked great.. Install was obviously easy.

Now, I sat on the bike, and damn, I am literally straddling the tank. I mean my knees are coming to the middle of the tank.. I don't think that's the way I'm supposed to fit the bike! I'm not a giant (5'10").. But maybe this seat was meant for someone with a much shorter inseam.. The low aspect is nice, as I can use a smaller windshield, but I'm not sure I want to be humping the tank.. It didn't feel terrible, but with the fairing of the SG already close, it's now even closer..

Comfort was good of course, but I'm thinking about returning it and getting the Mustang Vintage solo.. Anyone else have experience with the Low Down yet?

Old 04-21-2011, 11:45 AM
patsfan
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffreyjames
Ok, so out of the box, the seat looked great.. Install was obviously easy.

Now, I sat on the bike, and damn, I am literally straddling the tank. I mean my knees are coming to the middle of the tank.. I don't think that's the way I'm supposed to fit the bike! I'm not a giant (5'10").. But maybe this seat was meant for someone with a much shorter inseam.. The low aspect is nice, as I can use a smaller windshield, but I'm not sure I want to be humping the tank.. It didn't feel terrible, but with the fairing of the SG already close, it's now even closer..

Comfort was good of course, but I'm thinking about returning it and getting the Mustang Vintage solo.. Anyone else have experience with the Low Down yet?
No experience with the Low Down but my Mustang solo moved me forward a bit too.
I got used to it and like the fact my bars are a little closer now.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
KING'S RIDE
Tourer
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

lets see um!!

Old 04-21-2011, 11:49 AM
JFig
6th Gear

Can you take some pictures?
I would like to see the difference from stock to the Low Down.

Old 04-21-2011, 11:54 AM
Gotastreetglide
Cruiser

Buddy of mine looked at one during bike week. Drops you 1 inch and pushes you forward. He bought an ultimate seat.

Old 04-21-2011, 12:35 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I went with the Super Tourer. Dropped me down and back.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:00 PM
pmang
Cruiser

I'm concerned now.... I ordered this seat for my 2010 Road King. I've been out of the country for work and come home next week to pick up the bike (I wanted the new seat on and ready to go)... Like you, I'm also 5'10 (with plenty of extra padding up front). I bought this seat due to the lowering of 1.5 inches... Will be perfect for me to flat foot... I'm now really concerned that I'll be pushed too far forward and be very uncomfortable. I just sent an email off to Mean City Cycles to see if they can mod the seat position back.... I'm picking up the bike on May 2nd... I'll let you know my thoughts on the seat... Hope I didn't waste a lot of money on it.....

Old 04-21-2011, 04:06 PM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I plan to get a Mustang solo seat soon, I sat on one at bike week, felt good, but it wasn't on a bike, I may wait until Biketoberfest to put it on my bike right there and see if I really like it.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:14 PM
djl
HDF Community Team
Veteran: Army
Received 2,232 Likes on 1,614 Posts

Ifyou bought the seat direct from Mustang, you have 10 days from receiving to contact Mustang and discuss the problem, get an RMA number and return the seat; Mustang prefers that the seat be returned in the origninal shipping container. If the seat is in like new condition, Mustang will fully refund; customers that return seats in less than like new condition will be charged a 20% restocking charge.

If the seat was pruchased through a third party vendor, you are at the mercy of the third party vendor's return policy and what they can do on your behalf.

Old 04-21-2011, 04:49 PM
pmang
Cruiser

Check out this YouTube clip on the Lowdown...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=couCnEaZQWY

They claim it doesn't push you forward compared to their regular touring seat.... Interesting....

When I get home in 2 weeks, I'll put some pics up to this site and give you my review.....

Quick Reply: Just Received my new Mustang Low Down..