Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Truck-Lite Headlamp and Spot Lights installed

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 06:48 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by craigcrewcheif
I installed the Truck Lite Headlamp and Passing lights last week. Huge difference over stock as all the reviews said. Paid $424. for all three delivered. The best price I could come up with for the Harley brand set of 3 LED lights with 20% off was $728 plus shipping.
I got similar quotes. Might try the HD again but with their passing lamps which I did not have before if I can sell the TL setup.

Old 04-20-2011, 09:48 PM
ScottFLHTK
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello I have a 2010 Limted and was thinking of installing the Truck Lite Headlamp
When you install the New Truck Lite headlamp - do you need to install a Load Equalizer? I what brand Equalizer has everbody been using. Thanks Scott

Old 04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master

Only needed for the turn signal module - not for headlights or taillights.

Old 04-22-2011, 09:10 AM
lv2ride56
Advanced
Question

Got the headlight but am having trouble getting the trim ring back on. If I put the top clip in the slot the ring won't fit over the headlight to get the bottom scrow in. If I slip striaght on then I can't get the top clip inserted.
What am I doing wrong here? It just can't be that hard.

Old 04-22-2011, 10:33 AM
HDRider2002
Road Master
Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Who has a link or part numbers for the passing lamps?

Old 04-22-2011, 10:37 AM
slothy
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HDRider2002
Who has a link or part numbers for the passing lamps?

http://www.phatperformanceparts.com/...g_L_p/2262.htm

Old 04-22-2011, 11:20 AM
joflewbyu2
Road Master

You can put it straight on with a long flathead screw driver to poke ring retainer backwards and on or hook it 1st and pull downward.

Old 04-22-2011, 03:02 PM
wheelman38
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

The stock trim ring is way small IMO. I am looking for sumfin with a wider girth. Ant ideas?

Old 07-23-2011, 07:05 PM
In.The.Wind
Stage I

The headlight installs super easy but it looks like hell unless you drop another $100 on the LED trim ring so go ahead and plan on that.

The bottom line on the spot lights is they don't fit and they weren't designed to fit. Do not buy them. Go with the official Harley brand for the passing lamps. I finally managed to get them installed but I am not proud of what I had to do and I will never reveal my secret here.

Anyway, after a couple calls to Kury tech support and them asking me if I put the ring on the right direction and things like that they finally decided I was a retard and didn't know a screwdriver from a sledge hammer. They offered to install them free if I just take the bike to the show at Carlisle. It was 3 hours away but I just had to see how they were going to make this work. Well, the installer tried to get it to fit, tried with the alignment ring backwards, and then threw the ring away. He then glued foam inside the trim ring and put it back together without the alignment ring. He gave me some BS story about tolerances and said they just don't fit some bikes. That is how they deal with the tough ones. He promised the foam would hold everything securely.
Everything seemed OK until I got home and I saw one of the lights rotated about 45 degrees and both were now loose and could be easily turned. I managed to rig up a fix and both are solid now. I would have returned them but I have way too much effort wrapped up in them now and they actually are pretty bright for the price compared to the HD version.

If you don't mind rolling the dice to find out these lights just don't fit, and don't mind making a project out of installing these to save a few bucks, go for it. If you want something that actually fits and looks much better to boot, go with the HD brand.

I guess some people actually got a set that fits but I wasn't that lucky.

Old 07-23-2011, 07:17 PM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by In.The.Wind
The headlight installs super easy but it looks like hell unless you drop another $100 on the LED trim ring so go ahead and plan on that.
Or use the Frenched Trim Ring from Harley like I did. Looks fine.

Originally Posted by In.The.Wind
The bottom line on the spot lights is they don't fit and they weren't designed to fit. Do not buy them. Go with the official Harley brand for the passing lamps. I finally managed to get them installed but I am not proud of what I had to do and I will never reveal my secret here.
Mine fit perfectly, and I had both installed in less than 10 minutes. No fuss, no muss.

Quick Reply: Truck-Lite Headlamp and Spot Lights installed