Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ECU is Dead

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 06:12 PM
Copyless
Supporter
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was the TTS hooked up to the ECM and programmed for the 107? If so do you have the files? If the answer to these are yes, then just put the files back in the ECM and hook it back up, then you will know if it works or not.

Why you would want to change fromm the TTS to another tuner is beyond me, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

The statement they give you would not satisfy me, an algorithm is the calculation the ECM does with all the input it has, to then produce the output to the pins. The problem I have with the explanation is, does the ECM accept the flash? If it does, are they saying that the parameters they set in the ECM are producing a different output at the pins, then it should? Or are they saying they can set some parameters and not others? Or are they saying that they can not flash the unit at all, they get the reply, unsuccesful from the flash?

Old 04-19-2011, 06:51 PM
TexasVet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Copyless
Was the TTS hooked up to the ECM and programmed for the 107? If so do you have the files? If the answer to these are yes, then just put the files back in the ECM and hook it back up, then you will know if it works or not.

Why you would want to change fromm the TTS to another tuner is beyond me, but I'm sure you have your reasons.

The statement they give you would not satisfy me, an algorithm is the calculation the ECM does with all the input it has, to then produce the output to the pins. The problem I have with the explanation is, does the ECM accept the flash? If it does, are they saying that the parameters they set in the ECM are producing a different output at the pins, then it should? Or are they saying they can set some parameters and not others? Or are they saying that they cank not flash the unit at all, they get the reply, unsuccesful from the flash?
I wish I could answer all your questions, all I was told is that the algorithm was not correct and could not be flashed.

I guess I was lured by snake oil that I could install the system for any build and then not have to ride around with a laptop to get it close and it would be 5% of a professional dyno tune. I have read many reviews prior to the purchase and all were raving about it.
RP said they were unsure if the ecm would work again, so won't know till they send it back to me.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:22 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

TTS uses different ECU code. Again, to repost what Copyless said, if that is the same ECU you tuned with Mastertune, you have to reload the original calibration on it with Mastertune before you send it to Rev Performance. They probably expect to see OEM files on the ECU, and when they don't see them they can't reflash as they don't know what base to start with. My guess, anyway...

Old 04-19-2011, 07:23 PM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 74 Likes on 51 Posts

I would call Jamie at Fuelmoto and ask him what to do.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM
GEORGEW
Road Master
Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

QUOTE=TexasVet;8211753]I wish I could answer all your questions, all I was told is that the algorithm was not correct and could not be flashed.

I guess I was lured by snake oil that I could install the system for any build and then not have to ride around with a laptop to get it close and it would be 5% of a professional dyno tune. I have read many reviews prior to the purchase and all were raving about it.
RP said they were unsure if the ecm would work again, so won't know till they send it back to me.[/QUOTE]

Please keep us posted as to how this turns out,,, I have been thinking about getting one but now not so sure,, I have a 09 Ultra with SE 255 Cams as of now I had the Dealer install the SE 103 Stage II Download as a tune,, The bike runs well with this set up but thought it might get the max going with the unit you went with..

Old 04-19-2011, 07:27 PM
TexasVet
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cannot load the original base file due to when I purchased direct link from a tuner the base calibration could not be saved.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:32 PM
mtclassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by nvsteve
I would call Jamie at Fuelmoto and ask him what to do.
why? he did not use Jamie.
I believe that if it has a tts file still loaded in the ecm that is the problem. I bet reflashing/reloading the orginal cal will be what needs to be done so rev perf can do their magic.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:38 PM
CrusingHarley
Cruiser

Originally Posted by scotty3
I have been waiting to see a story like this and wondered what RP would do.

ECM taken out of a working bike and suddenly it is no good.

Sorry for your pain but what is to say that RP didn't zap it and now want you to pay for it?

Old 04-19-2011, 07:40 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Gotcha. It wouldn't hurt to see if you'll be able to reflash it with your old TTS calibration. If that works, you can try having the dealer flashing a stock cal for an '08 on it for you. If you can't restore your last TTS calibration on it when you get it back, I'd be really worried the dealer can't reflash it either.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:41 PM
hornhonker
Tourer

If he is running an MT7 TTS map HD can overwrite it with a stock download.

Quick Reply: ECU is Dead