Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Power Duals vs Fulsac X pipe ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 01:07 PM
WATERHAWG08
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default V&H Power Duals vs Fulsac X pipe ?

Anyone now of any comparison of the VH Power Duals and Fulsac X pipe, they're about the same price, just wondering who's running which one and how you like them. Also, do you reuse the left side "flattened" s pipe that runs in front of the rear tire with both of these head pipes? I'm looking at getting one these to go with my Rush 2.5 s/o for my 2010 RK.

Old 04-19-2011, 01:23 PM
Road Warrior
Received 25 Likes on 19 Posts
Thumbs up

yes on fullsac on crossover pipe
i would call fullsac ask for steve he will tell you the truth about what he is selling and worth a call for sure

Old 04-19-2011, 03:47 PM
HDThunder
Cruiser

V&H Power Duals come with their own crossover pipe for the left side. It seems to be less flattened and probably flows a little better than the stock pipe. I like them a lot and think they look good. The fit and finish is excellent. You can't get them with ceramic coating though. I like the X look to the heat shield. No experience with the Fullsac pipe.

Last edited by HDThunder; 04-19-2011 at 07:07 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:52 PM
Tek74
Tourer

Before pulling the trigger on some headers, I read up on some of the various headers out there, including Fullsac. From what I gathered, the Fullsac X-Pipe headers are a ceramic-coated True Dual headers that utilize a step header design. They basically reuse almost all of your stock exhaust to create more power. If maximum power gain with maximum cooling effect is your goal, you should consider them as well as the Fuel Moto ceramic headers. The main benefit the Fullsacs have is that you are not limited to using Fuel Moto's Dyno Tuned mufflers.

Old 04-19-2011, 07:05 PM
HDThunder
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Tek74
The main benefit the Fullsacs have is that you are not limited to using Fuel Moto's Dyno Tuned mufflers.
How do you figure that? You're not limited to any particular slip on mufflers with any of these head pipes. I run Fuel Moto Dyno Tuned mufflers with a V&H Power Duals head pipe. A friend runs the Fuel Moto head pipe with Sampson mufflers. Take your pick and mix and match.

Also, how is the Fullsac pipe a "true dual" if it's an X-pipe? Wouldn't that make it a 2-1-2 just like the Power Duals and the Fuelmoto pipe?

Last edited by HDThunder; 04-19-2011 at 07:09 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 08:42 PM
BIGCHIEF
Cruiser

I agree with HDThunder....

You basically have 3 choices (that seem to be the biggest on these sites); the V&H using a larger diameter crossover to produce less backpressure

The Fullsac X pipe, stepped and ceramic coated

the Jackpot Head Pipe, not stepped and ceramic coated

The last 2 use the stock heat-shields and the stock crossover. Do a search because there is ALOT of stuff on here about all of them.

Old 04-19-2011, 08:57 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HDThunder
How do you figure that? You're not limited to any particular slip on mufflers with any of these head pipes. I run Fuel Moto Dyno Tuned mufflers with a V&H Power Duals head pipe. A friend runs the Fuel Moto head pipe with Sampson mufflers. Take your pick and mix and match.

Also, how is the Fullsac pipe a "true dual" if it's an X-pipe? Wouldn't that make it a 2-1-2 just like the Power Duals and the Fuelmoto pipe?
The Fuel Moto Headpipe is designed for stock mufflers or their own make as the left side is much more restrictive than the right muffler. They are designed as a 2/1/2 to run like a 2 into 1 but with the dual look. Don't mix and match unless you know what the part is designed to do.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:11 PM
Tek74
Tourer

Originally Posted by HDThunder

To my understanding, the Fuel Moto headers "will" work with any mufflers, but if you want to get maximum power enhancement from them, you must use Fuel Moto's own Dyno Tuned mufflers. I believe that Jaime stated this himself. If somebody knows otherwise, please chime in.

Regarding the Fullsac being "true duals"......I spoofed. For some reason, I was thinking about their True Dual conversion kit. Sorry my bad.

Last edited by Tek74; 04-19-2011 at 09:19 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 11:11 PM
WATERHAWG08
Tourer
Thumbs up

I like the looks of the VH power dual x header, but I also like the Fulsac x pipe with the stock heat shields look, I was just wondering about the performance of the 2, if one was a little better than the other, as far as flow. It just looks like, unless you ran some type of full size pipe to the left side in front of the rear tire, using the stock flattened pipe to the muffler, it would be restricted a little, compared to the right side pipe, that is full size. I'm just trying to get some input on different dual exhaust, 'cause I don't want to run a full system 2 into 1 with bags, I think it looks funny with only a pipe on the right side under the bag, and I don't want to run the dumby on the left side, either. Thanks for the replies, keep'um coming.

Old 04-20-2011, 02:00 AM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

I've had all three. I'm currently using the Fullsac X pipe "b". Either FS or FM pipe before the VH pipe. I scraped the VH "X" heat shields...they hang too low.

Quick Reply: V&H Power Duals vs Fulsac X pipe ?