Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

V&H Power Duals vs Fulsac X pipe ?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 05:00 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by brypink
I've had all three. I'm currently using the Fullsac X pipe "b". Either FS or FM pipe before the VH pipe. I scraped the VH "X" heat shields...they hang too low.
Like you, I scrape the V&H "X" shield and am looking for replacement options now. I like the look of the pipes, but the scraping is getting on my nerves. Hoping the Fullsac may be an option, not much of a true dual guy myself.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:04 PM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've heard many complain about this scraping issue with the V&H power duals. Too bad they don't redesign it to decrease the scraping. Maybe below in front of the back tire somehow.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:12 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Rhinehart has a "classic" TD for the new bikes that doesn't run the pipe under the frame. Another option.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:32 AM
North Star
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 2WheelGlider
Like you, I scrape the V&H "X" shield and am looking for replacement options now. I like the look of the pipes, but the scraping is getting on my nerves. Hoping the Fullsac may be an option, not much of a true dual guy myself.

As mentioned, the x pipe isn't a true dual- it's a 2-1-2 ceramic coated stepped header. It comes in an "A" version for 96's, and a "B" for the 110.

I would most definitely go for the fullsac- with the V&H, you don't get the cooling benefit of the ceramic coating, plus you've heard of the issues of scraping, plus I heard from other threads that the O2 bungs weren't in an ideal location.

Fullsac is real popular on the CVO forum- Steve George the owner, is also a board member over there. There was a thread where he claimed a 4 hp increase over a stock gutted headpipe. It made my bike sound better than it did with the stock gutted headpipe as well.

As far as the flattened cross over pipe goes, Steve said that he did dyno tests with it, and with an open pipe, and found no difference in power numbers, so I wouldn't let that factor in the decision.

I'd give Steve a call- great guy, and if nothing else, you can ask for advice and see what he has to say.

And from all I've read, you can't go wrong with the Fuel Moto headpipe as well.

Old 04-21-2011, 07:43 AM
wingfoot
Road Captain
Received 23 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by brypink
I've had all three. I'm currently using the Fullsac X pipe "b". Either FS or FM pipe before the VH pipe. I scraped the VH "X" heat shields...they hang too low.

By any chance are any of the bikes that drag the V&H Power Duals lowered?

I have them on my bike and my chicken strips are pretty narrow. I have never touched them???

Old 04-21-2011, 08:36 AM
HDThunder
Cruiser

I haven't had my V&H Power Duals long enough to drag the X-Pipe yet. I've only got 100 easy miles on it so far since installing. It's going to really **** me off if I start dragging the X-Pipe and I'll probably get rid of them and go for the ceramic coated Fuel Moto header. I do drag the kick stand on left handers quite often.

I was also wondering if it's only bikes that run lower like the Street Glides that drag the X-Pipe. I replaced my stock air shocks with Progressive air shocks and I think it actually sits about 1/2" higher than stock. So maybe I'll be OK.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:01 PM
Big Twi$t
Stellar HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by wingfoot
By any chance are any of the bikes that drag the V&H Power Duals lowered?

I have them on my bike and my chicken strips are pretty narrow. I have never touched them???
On a stock (12") shock Street Glide at the time.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:27 PM
davewear
Road Warrior
Received 197 Likes on 135 Posts

Originally Posted by Tek74
Before pulling the trigger on some headers, I read up on some of the various headers out there, including Fullsac. From what I gathered, the Fullsac X-Pipe headers are a ceramic-coated True Dual headers that utilize a step header design. They basically reuse almost all of your stock exhaust to create more power. If maximum power gain with maximum cooling effect is your goal, you should consider them as well as the Fuel Moto ceramic headers. The main benefit the Fullsacs have is that you are not limited to using Fuel Moto's Dyno Tuned mufflers.
using the fuelmoto headpipe with V&H MO's. no issues and decent numbers...

to the op i doubt you'll see any significant difference in performance between the 3 headers discussed. perhaps a little less heat from the ceramic versions of the fuelmoto or fullsac. i have read a few times about the V&H scraping so that is something to consider if you like to ride agressive in the corners...

Old 04-22-2011, 02:33 PM
VARDR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have had the V&H Power Duals for a couple years now and love the look and performance. I have never touched on my X-Pipe either. No experience on the other header

Old 04-22-2011, 03:01 PM
WATERHAWG08
Tourer
Talking X pipe info

Man, thanks for all the input guys. I think I'm going to give Steve at Fulsac a call, I'm leaning toward them now. Do you have to buy the Fulsac pipe direct or do any of the aftermarket suppliers carry them?

Quick Reply: V&H Power Duals vs Fulsac X pipe ?