Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slipon's and duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:38 PM
kdfoster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default slipon's and duals

I have a 2011 ultra that I want to install V/H monster rounds and dresser duals on. Do you have to get an A/C and remap if I do this? I know you don't with just the slipon's, but I'm unsure with the dresser duals. Thanks

Old 04-18-2011, 11:26 PM
JRBass
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good question... but From all of my research that the AC is the restriction point not allowing anymore air into the system. So until you do a Stage 1 AC I would say no.

Anyone else with other thoughts please chime in.

Old 04-19-2011, 12:26 AM
Tek74
Tourer

Since you are getting rid of the cat, and the pipes might be a tad less restrictive, I would say "Maybe". You could always give it a try and see what happens. But personally, I say do it right the 1st time and get the a/c and tuner. After buying my RGC and all the initial accessories I needed, I was of course broke. So I saved the skrills for another 2 months and did the full 4pc set up, and installed it myself to save install money. Currently trying to budget another 1k for cams later this year.

Old 04-19-2011, 05:58 AM
IndyClassic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Should not harm the motor but performance will decrease. That would be a dramatic change of back pressure/scavenging. I run and am a fan of TD's but they are not the best for performance even with a tuner and A/C.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:00 AM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Hey Tek, I am thinking of the same system that you have for a new 2011 how do you like the twin slash rounds with dresser duals?

Last edited by VinnyM; 04-19-2011 at 06:15 AM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:05 PM
Tek74
Tourer

Originally Posted by Mohawkpan
Hey Tek, I am thinking of the same system that you have for a new 2011 how do you like the twin slash rounds with dresser duals?
I was worried that I might not be 100% happy, but I actually am. The Dresser Dual heat shields fit perfectly, and I think they are beautiful. And the best part is.....no more cat.

Regarding the Twin Slash rounds, I went back and forth a 100 times between them and the Klock Werks SS mufflers. Since they are both beautiful mufflers, what it really came down to was sound. Since I didn't know anybody with either of the pipes, I listened to sound clips on You Tube more times that I can count. What I really wanted was pipes that sounded mean at idle, had a nice traditional bark on acceleration without blowing out my ear drums, and quieted down enough while crusing (2500 - 3k rpm) so that I could still hear the radio.

In the end, I went with the Twin Slash Round muffs because they gave me all of these. I admit that I like the look of the Klock Werks SS Shorts a tad bit more, but I didn't like the fact that they got really quiet while crusing at freeway speed. I like a cruising speed muffler volume that allows cages to hear me without annoying them with excessive volume. I honestly have no Buyer's Remore, and would buy them again. If you like the looks, I say go for it.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:16 PM
Cruiser

If you are using both V&H headers and slip ons, then a Fuelpak is a good cost effective option. Your bike came from the factory lean, and although the exhaust only may not require a fuel manager, you're better off with one anyway. You can leave the stock air cleaner, or add any high flow one. Just tell them what your doing and they will tell you which program to use. I have used their setup with good results.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:35 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,291 Likes on 1,584 Posts

I installed my Dresser Duals and Monster Rounds prior to the A/C or fuel management. The pipes came one day, the PCV was still enroute and I hadn't picked up the K&N yet.

I thought I could get away with a couple of quick rides. It took less than 10 miles to start running like junk. Lots of skipping and backfiring. Ran really hot.

I added the A/C and a Power Commander and all is well.

Old 04-19-2011, 06:36 PM
Tek74
Tourer

If you decide on a Power Commander, check with Fuel Moto. They had the best price I could find. Plus they double the manufacturers 1y warranty, they ship it to you with the map already on it, and give you free lifetime maps by email. Even if I didn't buy my exhaust from them, I would have bought the PCV from them just for the mentioned perks.

Old 04-21-2011, 06:08 PM
kdfoster
Cruiser

I was hoping that changing the muffler and headers wouldn't affect how it ran, but it sounds like it might by reading some of the posts.
I really didn't think you had to add anything else if you were just changing the pipes and muffler.

Quick Reply: slipon's and duals