Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Tour Pak vs. Luggage Rack w/ HD-Style Luggage

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:59 AM
cp1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you decide to go with the luggage T-Bags are good and they stand behind everything they make. I found a flaw in mine after 7 or 8 years and they replaced it no charge. I use the bag if I'm camping the Tour-Pak if I'm just traveling.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:38 PM
2nd Mike
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Question for the tour pack guys.....do you have a removable bag that fits inside to hold your stuff? It sure would seem easier to unload at a motel every night.

I use the detachable bag style(which is convenient) but have always thought about buying a tour pack.

Old 04-18-2011, 06:54 PM
Twinrider
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 2nd Mike
Question for the tour pack guys.....do you have a removable bag that fits inside to hold your stuff? It sure would seem easier to unload at a motel every night.

I use the detachable bag style(which is convenient) but have always thought about buying a tour pack.
I bought the liner bag HD sells for the tour-pak. It's priced reasonably and is definitely handy if you are keeping the TP fully packed with luggage on long trips. For overnight trips though I mainly use the side bags and TP rack bag for our luggage and leave the TP empty so I have a place to lock up the helmets and gloves at stops, store the wife's hand bag, etc.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:05 PM
2nd Mike
Tourer

Thats a pretty good idea.Twinrider!

I'm also afraid I would miss my outside pockets so that might work.

Here's a couple shots of my current set up

Old 04-18-2011, 07:11 PM
2nd Mike
Tourer

Here's were the helmets go.....leaves me paranoid when the bike is out of site.

Old 04-18-2011, 08:12 PM
HFS
Club Member
Received 341 Likes on 205 Posts

Originally Posted by Twinrider
I've got both a Tour-Pak and a soft luggage sissybar bag (HD's excellent multi fit touring bag). I'm using the 4-point dock for both with a detachable luggage rack when I use the soft luggage.

I have to say that the Tour-Pak wins hands down for convenience, security, ease of access, passenger comfort and sheer volume (and if it's not enough you can put a rack bag on top of it). The only time I bother to use my sissybar bag is when I'm on a solo run and want to the bike to be a little lighter and to look more stripped down. Otherwise it's tour-pak all the way.
+1

I sold my back rest and rack and just have the king tourpak. It is super convenient, and you end up leaving it on more than not. The Wife likes the backrest, and the rack grabs a bag. I changed the latches to the premium ones. I'd get them when you order the tourpak, and have a dealer build it for you. If they miss drill... they buy a new one. Go detachable for when you want your own look, and going for a day trip somewhere...

Best o luck.

Harry

Old 04-18-2011, 08:51 PM
drspencer
Road Warrior
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by FLHXHS
I changed the latches to the premium ones. I'd get them when you order the tourpak,
How are these better?
Thanks

Old 04-18-2011, 10:03 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

The luggage rack and bag will probably hold more. But, If you ever put a tour-pak on the bike your better half will beat you about the head and shoulders with a bat if you try to put her back against a sissy bar.

The tour-pak back rest is much more comfortable.