Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How Much $ to Order an Ultra Tour Pak From Harley?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 10:53 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by drspencer
Green Apple/Vivid Black is also offered on the Ultra & Ultra Limited.
Contact a dealer (e.g. Zanotti's, Lake Shore, among other 20% off dealers), and tell them you want to buy the Green Apple/Vivid Black tour pak used on the Ultra and/or Limited (don't know if they're different). Those tour paks are not listed in the Parts & Accessory catalog or the HD website. Instead, those are listed in the "Painted Parts" book (now a database on HD's intranet; it used to be a paper catalog) that dealers use to order replacement parts for bikes, e.g. fenders, saddlebags, etc.

The rear speaker pod kit is p/n 76000021 and lists for $439.95. You'll also need the non-Ultra overlay harness (NUOH) that lists for $129. If you add XM, you'll need the NUOH for that accessory's installation. Except for the tour pak you want, all of the information is available in the paper catalog or on line--the keyed-to-match lock is ~$20.

Backrest, matching lock, detachable tour pak rack, 4-point mounting hardware and you'll be good to go. You can get pricing when you talk to the dealer(s) about pricing on the tour pak.

Carl

Old 04-18-2011, 07:17 PM
Da Butcher
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by vzts4q
The bare tour pack in your color is $999.95 hd part number 53963-11DHO
Since this color seems to be a Street Glide only color you will need to buy the lights to make it look like the Ultra tour pack. Why not go with the LED tail light lit for the tour pack.
HD #67932-11 Red Lens or 67931-11 Smoked Lens MSRP US $469.95
This is more expensive than the standard ultra lights but does not require not cutting of the tour pack to install. There are still a BUNCH of holes to drill.
If you're going to buy new, don't bother drilling holes, just buy the correwwct Ultra TourPak in the right paint code and you're good to go. Now with everybody talking 2 grand on costs? My bet is he'll break that figure easily. Hell, just the Pak, pad, speakers, and overlay will be near 2K with tax or shipping. Definitely ain't cheap by any stretch of the imagination. Only if you catch a bargain & do it yourself will it be palatable.

Good luck!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:34 PM
gogogadgetbiker
Banned competing forum owner
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

FYI,

I picked up a barely used Ultra Tour Pack on a detachable rack and a Detachable Back Rest for $600. About $225 to get it painted and the $45 detachable kit for the bike. I made my own wiring harness for about $20, still want to add some speaker pods.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:39 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Wally
Attachment hdware, detach bracket, backrest pad, tourpac, luggage rack, liner. you'll put a dent in $2,000.
I spent about $1400 on one without lights and rack at 20% off you will go way over 2k if you do the speakers and all.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:42 PM
Slacker8
Tourer

I did this last year for my 09 FLHX and when I finished it was about $2800. That includes luggage rack, keys & locks, detachable mount, liner, speaker pods(from J&P) and a few things I am probably forgetting.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:45 PM
DWhite
Tourer

ouch!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:48 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain

Da butcher awesome bike and love you comment: "I picked the wrong week to stop sniffing glue".....LMAO

Old 04-18-2011, 07:50 PM
Slacker8
Tourer

Originally Posted by DWhite
ouch!
Yea but it being Vivid Black only probably saved my a couple hundred dollars!

I'll tell ya you won't believe what parts are needed to add a tour pack to a FLHX or other non-tour pack bike. It seemed like ever time I thought I had every thing I needed it was another $100+ for something else. By the way I did go with the Ultra tour pack with the light bar on the back.

Old 04-18-2011, 07:52 PM
rerb95
Road Warrior

I tell ya, I sure wish that HD sold these parts primed.... that would make life so much easier! But I also say over 2000!

Old 04-18-2011, 07:54 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

I just went with the Street Glide or Classic style Tourpack. No lights or speakers. Still cost about a grand. I didn't feel I needed all the lights and crap especially since I would hardly be using it.

Quick Reply: How Much $ to Order an Ultra Tour Pak From Harley?