Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:
View Poll Results: A poll
Whine in 5th only
22.70%
Some whine AND rocks in can noise
27.66%
Rocks in can noise in a top gear only
4.96%
Rocks in can noise in a lower gear only
1.42%
No problems, I got lucky.
17.73%
No problems, I don't consider it luck.
25.53%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll

One more stupid poll over 07 tranny issues.

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 07:09 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: One more stupid poll over 07 tranny issues.

What exactly are you mad about ? You shure do sound upset ! Any problems other than the noise in 5th ?
ORIGINAL: pittguy

The only thing I can do is voice my opinion and my complaint is going to CEO James A. McCaslin--3700 west Juneau Ave.--PO Box 653--Milwaukee, WI 53201-- today. The more he hears about it, the more Harley might listen

Old 10-21-2006, 07:35 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Noise 6th,5th sometimes even 4th,bike dies at extended hwy speeds for no reason,apparently no codes.Detonates even w/highest grade fuel available.Factory reps trying to make me swallow their line of BS,Dealer that has not corrected problem,wont stand up to factory on this,saleman that wont buy it back.All 3 C/S agents Ive had that read normal responses from cue cards,HDs legal office for refusing to buy back bike,HDs customer affairs for telling me to sell it at my loss or put on dealer consignment.This all in less than 2 months of ownership.This is not the bike they described prior to release and probably wont make the TQ #s either.I am tired of being told this is normal when others here prove they have no issues.Many others have my same problems,some with more.I am the most vocal.I plan on making their lives miserable until they correct this.I have turned them in to every agency expect the womens flower club.You guys are sorry to hear my posts but until they are,I will continue.

Old 10-21-2006, 07:44 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

If you want to sell it I am always looking for a new toy , if not I know a few guys waiting for a 07 's

Old 10-21-2006, 08:11 PM
TFR
Intermediate
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep up the good work PITTGUY.
I trashed Harley for 25 years. Swore I would never own one.

Sold my Turbcharged Suzuki Hayabusa in August and decided to buy a cruiser bike. My buddy, an avid Haley guy, convinced me to look at the 2007 models. I had never ridden a Harley before so I talked the sales guy into letting me ride a trade in bike. It was a 2005 RK. When I got back from the test ride I decided to buy.
I really wanted a full tour bike but didn't want to pay the money. Bought a Street Glide.
On the first more than 10 mile ride I noticed the 5th and 6th gear whine and rocks in the can noise. Besides that it gave me a major headache. I took the bike back to the dealer with the intentions of selling it back and taking a lose. The Sales manager and service guy talked me into riding more before making my decision.
I have to admit I like the sound, feel and look of the bike. But I can't pay 21K for a bike that makes me ill on a long trip.

So far I have complained to Harley and the Harley dealer. I am going to wait until Spring to make my final decision.

Heck I have bought the painted tour pack and back rest, a heated seat, rider back rest, cruise control, and a 15" wind screen. I love the bike but it needs to be fixed.

I talked to Baker transmission and they said they bought a 2007 SG and they hear and feel the vibration and am going to make a trans for the 07 bikes. Should I say more???

Old 10-21-2006, 08:18 PM
bountyhunter
Banned

I recently rode a dealer demo, '07 Streetglide....could not wait to get back on the '06!

Old 10-21-2006, 08:28 PM
pittguy
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Its early w/poll but #s are close.I like mine also but not the noise nor the treatment/coverup that goes w/it.Plopping down that kind of cash and to be told live w/it or there is nothing we can do is no good.Keeping the heat on them is the only way it will be fixed.Glad to hear Bakers news,that may cure some of the complaints.Good luck w/your bike.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:31 PM
Ricks07
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

I recently rode a dealer demo, '07 Streetglide....could not wait to get back on the '06!

Immediately traded in my 06 Honda for my 07 SG after a dealer demo ride. Would never go back.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:36 PM
fasthd06
Intermediate

Keep telling your self that , jealous 06 owner P.S. lose those stickers and you have a o.k. 06 "dog"
ORIGINAL: bountyhunter

Old 10-21-2006, 08:40 PM
hd2007
Road Warrior

Yes , tell me that 07 haters that actually own a 06 , and are pissed about the upgraded motor and trans are voting for problems , this poll will never be correct . Buch of b.s.

Old 10-21-2006, 08:41 PM
JollyRogers
Road Master

I put some AMSOIL Heavy Duty in the tranny last night and wife and I did a 300 mile trip today. GReat ride to some plantations on the James River and then took Colonial PKWY North through Yorktown and then back home via 17 and RT14. Just got in. The whine in 5th is defintely quiter then it was with the HD Formula+ in it... however, the clattering is still there just as it ever was. In fact it pretty much does it all the time in all gears. Now I have to admit if I use 4th gear above 55 I hear no noise... it smooths out... but 5th never does and the wind noise in 6th prevents me from hearing anything above 70.

When I went to get the Amsoil at a local leather shop I talked to another 07 owner who is real upset over the noise. He has had it to several dealers in the area with no resolution... Also the shop owner knew all about it. A lot of people are aware of what is going on with the 07's clattering and whining. The clattering is not the tranny I am sure... the whine is. I could live with that.

My buddies 06 Heritage makes no noise like my 07 RK. My 06 Dyna make no noise like my 07 RK... though I don't have a windshield on it.

Quick Reply: One more stupid poll over 07 tranny issues.