Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Jackpot dyno tunes too loud????????

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 09:54 AM
cooper57M
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

oldbagr

with the quiet baffle, how do they now compare with the se's

Old 04-18-2011, 08:21 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member
Received 48 Likes on 32 Posts

The Fuel Moto site describes the Quiet Baffle as putting the DB level about midway between stock and the standard Jackpot baffle. I had the standard baffles before upgrading to SE255 cams, which I found acceptable with the stock setup, but the cams increased the noise level beyond my level of endurance. The Quiet Baffle put the noise down where I find it tolerable, but with a stock engine I would think it would be quiet enough for almost anyone. The QB also comes with an "quiet insert" that puts the sound within 2 db of stock, but I found it too quiet and too restrictive. Performance suffers noticeably with it installed and I haven't used it beyond a brief testing stage.

I don't know what you expect in terms of noise-level, but I would bet you would be happier with the Quiet Baffle.

Last edited by iclick; 04-19-2011 at 12:33 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 06:55 AM
mario medeiros
Advanced

My bike is a 2000tc with head work,cams,big bore and a k&n,i did call Keith at Fuel Moto (great guys) and he told me to put a few miles on the exhaust as the packing is still very tight and that should bring it down abit.If not i will have to install there quite baffle and hope that will bring down the noise.The dyno tunes are great mufflers,well built and nice fit and finish just for me right now they are too loud.(anyone have a quite baffle kicking around)?????Thanks

Old 04-19-2011, 07:10 AM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I found the dyno tuned slipons a bit to loud for touring. I now run the quiet baffle with out the insert. Perfect for me. Just did a couple 500 mile days in a row.

Old 04-19-2011, 09:02 AM
mario medeiros
Advanced

Sorry but what do you mean by the quite baffle without the insert? and did you need to remap the bike or was it just fine?Thanks

Old 04-19-2011, 09:34 AM
madhunter60
Road Captain
Received 83 Likes on 63 Posts

having a noise ordinance must stink, I pulled the dyno baffles out of mine and installed the competition baffles to wake mine up! too each their own I guess?

Old 04-19-2011, 12:39 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by mario medeiros
Sorry but what do you mean by the quite baffle without the insert? and did you need to remap the bike or was it just fine?Thanks
The Quiet Baffle kit includes the baffle and a separate insert that can be easily removed.

You can see how much the insert reduces the orifice size of the QB considerably. The QB works well-enough for me, but the insert knocks the noise-level down quite a bit more. OTOH I'm wondering what would be the result if you opened the flattened part to a more rounded shape. The problem is that it restricts too much and performance takes a major hit--too much for me. The QB does cut HP and TQ by one or two compared to the standard baffle, but I didn't notice it with my butt dyno.

I was running the PCV with Auto-Tune at the time and a re-map wasn't needed, but I believe Jamie mentioned that going to the QB didn't require a re-map for those using the PCIII or PCV without AT. I also didn't notice that the AT was trimming much different than with the standard baffle, so that's an indicator that the flow characteristics are relatively unchanged, or weren't on my bike.

Keep in mind that the QB is one baffle, right-side only. The left side with the Dyno-Tuned Jackpots never changes with any of their packages, AFAIK.

Last edited by iclick; 04-19-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 04-19-2011, 01:13 PM
gregsdart
Cruiser
Default same here

Originally Posted by Snuffy1
Mine was too loud for me. Ordered the quiet baffle now just right. About half between what you have now and stock.
Same results here, I have a 103 with 9.6 compression and 255 cams, which both add to the noise level. I use the main quiet baffle, haven't needed to install the extra part that tones it down even more. Love em, wife is happy!

Old 04-19-2011, 01:15 PM
iclick
Extreme HDF Member

Here's an old thread that shows some DB and performance testing of various Jackpot baffles. Keep in mind that only 2db can translate into a 25% change in noise volume.

Old 04-19-2011, 02:14 PM
mario medeiros
Advanced

Thanks Alot Mario (this is a great site with great help)

Quick Reply: Jackpot dyno tunes too loud????????