Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dodged a bullet.... With my financing.

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 04:28 PM
2011BDSG103
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dodged a bullet.... With my financing.

As some of you know, I will be transfering to Italy soon and am planning on taking my bike with me. Well, today I called the financing company (EagleMark - through HD) to see about getting the required paperwork I would need taken care of so that I can take my bike out of the country. The lady I talked to told me that I wouldn't be able to do that as I have not been financing my bike with them for 18 months or more and I have not had any history with them in the past. As a matter of fact, I just bought it 3 weeks ago today and I haven't even made my first payment yet.... LOL. When I made the purchase, I even asked the lady at the dealership if me taking it out of the country was going to be a problem and she told me that it wouldn't be a problem at all. So now I am in a state of worry that I will have to leave the Harley here in storage for 3 years while I am gone. So I decided to see if it were possible to refinance it already with NavyFederal. I went to the branch here on base expecting the worst, but was delightfully suprised. Today I will be sending the check out for the payoff amount and it will all be taken care of. On the other hand, my GAP insurance doesn't carry over, so I will be going to the dealer tomorrow to cancel it and I better get a full refund. Afterall... they are the ones that screwed this whole thing up. Plus they charge a rediculous amount... I think it was around $700. With NavyFederal it will only be $250.

I'm extremely happy that I will be taking my baby to Europe with me. I don't know what I would do without her.

Old 04-15-2011, 04:48 PM
DMorr99
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They are full of ****. I have bought three new bikes through AAFES in Germany over the last three years. Each and every time Eagle Mark has offered to finance me. I always use Service Credit Union in the end though because it has the best deals. Eagle Mark is more for the credit challenged I believe because they're rates are a lot higher than the credit unions rates. Regardless though Eagle Mark finances military and DoD civilians overseas. I know that for a fact because my old neighbor had to use Eagle Mark. He was some sort of credit criminal and could not get traditional financing.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:09 PM
lp
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 2,829 Likes on 1,592 Posts

I'm probably wrong but from my memory there is a ton of paperwork to bring the bike over and get it registered... Euro license, Euro insurance, base paperwork, Euro inspections etc. but nothing about having to do anything with your bank unless it was out of choice?

With the internet today you can pay bills online from anywhere in the world. I can't imagine the bikes location being an issue. Like I said, probably wrong.

lp

Old 04-15-2011, 05:29 PM
2011BDSG103
Tourer

Originally Posted by lp
With the internet today you can pay bills online from anywhere in the world. I can't imagine the bikes location being an issue. Like I said, probably wrong.
The problem is that if I don't pay, it will make it harder to repo the bike. The moving company requires approval from the lender.

The Eagle Mark interest rate was less than a point higher than what I am paying for NavyFED. I am far from credit challanged with a score of 780. The lady even told me that she could get with a manager and see if they can wave the time period for me, but said there was slim to no chance. As long as it all works out, I will be happy. However, NavyFED would only allow a 60 month loan vs. the 72 month I had with Eagle Mark so my payment went up. Oh well.... it's all good.

Old 04-15-2011, 05:42 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

In the process of refinancing with Service Credit Union. Saved me 2 points and took a whole year off of the life of the loan

Old 04-15-2011, 05:49 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

....Italy?...ciao paisan...e buona fortuna!...

Old 04-15-2011, 05:56 PM
amabeetle
Cruiser

Man, first I want to say thank-you for your service to our country so we can all ride free. Second, I'm glad you will be able to ride where ever you go. Just go and ride and pay your bills and we all win as free Americans beause of your service and many others who serve our country. If they don't like it, pi$$ on them, you bought it, you ride it, where ever you want!!!!!

Old 04-15-2011, 06:45 PM
jazzy jack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Screw 'em man, you're doing your duty and they want to sit back and get and decide what you can and can't do so they can get richer off you.