Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn Driving Lights

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:53 AM
Hershel
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kuryakyn Driving Lights

Wanting to know if anyone has wired the driving lights for a 2011 road glide ultra to the aux plug. The instructions want you to use the supplied toggle switch, which I would rather not do. Any help in this area would be very much appreciated.
There the model number 5007

Old 04-15-2011, 06:26 PM
Hershel
Novice

I can't believe no one has used the aux plug for this light's. Is there so reason I'm not aware of for not doing this.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:13 PM
joflewbyu2
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Not sure if we are talking about the same product, but I just received my Trucklite LED spot lights and they came with no instructions.

Old 04-16-2011, 09:08 AM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

There are a few guys thats have . Here is a video of sifularson's bike he has them wired that way. He is usually in this forum.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PcZ1qMUAAgk

I know the wire goes under the gauges and then to under the seat, so the best place to splice would be there. I am looking at doing the same thing but just not sure yet if I like the look or not.

Old 04-17-2011, 08:40 PM
Hershel
Novice

Thank from what I can find out you only need to run one wire to the aux plug.
If anyone can verify this I would sure appreciate it.

Old 04-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Roadhog56
Stage III

What is the part number for the Kurykan lights, and the Garman bracket

Old 04-17-2011, 11:12 PM
Ultra89Rider
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I put them on my '09.

I didn't like the idea of the switch that came with the kit too. So I moved the Speedometer reset switch and enlarge the hole to fit a factory Spotlight switch. But instead of the Factory switch, is used a Kuryakyn Double switch. One for the lights and the other side for LEDs I will add later.

Last edited by Ultra89Rider; 04-19-2011 at 06:24 AM.
Old 04-18-2011, 10:51 PM
EE_Bean_Goh
Advanced
Thumbs up

A buddy of mines installed these same lights on my SG and pre-warned me early on about the supplied switch and went ahead and ordered the SPOT light switch from HD. I'm going to use my ACC switch as an option to turn off a secondary AMP or possibly a module for heated vests. Good luck and keep us posted with what you finally come up with.

Attached Thumbnails Kuryakyn Driving Lights-img_2157.jpg  
Old 04-19-2011, 06:35 AM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EE_Bean_Goh
A buddy of mines installed these same lights on my SG and pre-warned me early on about the supplied switch and went ahead and ordered the SPOT light switch from HD. I'm going to use my ACC switch as an option to turn off a secondary AMP or possibly a module for heated vests. Good luck and keep us posted with what you finally come up with.

Do you remember what part number you used?? Did you replace the ACC switch or did you mount it somewhere else?

Thanks

Old 04-19-2011, 08:09 AM
Street Glide Guy
Novice

I wired that light kit to the ACC switch on my 09 SG. There are pics somewhere on my profile. It worked out well. The switch of course is already powered.. just probe to find the right wires coming off the switch and splice in.
Its funny that Kuryakyn comes with the switch but if you go to their website and look, there is a video of the installation of these lights.. in that video their own bike tech. uses the ACC switch on the bike... take a look for that video... let me know if it helps...

Quick Reply: Kuryakyn Driving Lights