Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has Windvest on RG Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2011, 10:52 AM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Who has Windvest on RG Ultra?

I'm thinking about changing my windshield. Leaning towards a 14 or 15 inch Windvest. Who has a Windvest on a Road Glide Ultra, what size is it, what tint, and how do you like it? Thanks.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:33 AM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

'07 RG but it's set up better than the new Ultra. I put a 16" Windvest on in January. It solved my buffeting problem & looks good. I use only clear windshields, & the 16" is the same height as the stock. I look 2 to 3 inches over both.

Old 04-15-2011, 11:45 AM
1mrbill
Cruiser

10" Windvest on a 2008RG. I'm 5'10" and it does the job for me.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 16" Windvest in Gunsmoke (doesn't look like the offer the 16" in Gunsmoke anymore on their web site). Love the windshield. I wouldn't say it absolutely eliminated the buffeting, but coupled with other changes on the bike (fairing lowers), it made a world of difference. I'm very comfortable riding now. I look over the windshield while riding, and the "flip" takes care of the wind, the only issue I have is late at night it's a little dark, but that only bothers me when I'm close to home (way out in the country with no street lights). Generally not an issue.

I picked up one of the Road Glide Ultra windshields the other day for the cheap, and thought about trying that for late night riding, but really like the looks of the windvest on my bike, so haven't done it yet.

I tried one of the HD Windsplitters when I first bought the bike. I called it the Wind Tunnel as it blew the h#ll out of me. Hated it from the first ride, and got rid of it. The dealership told me how wonderful it was, and initially said they'd take it back if I didn't like it, but when I called them after the first ride it became "we'll take it back if you buy something else from us." So I went with the Windvest. Called them that day, and the windshield arrived the next day.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:01 PM
Jags93
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have a 14" clear sitting on my bench as I type. The stock sits just at my line of sight so this one is 2" lower. I hope it works out. I'm 5'8" and windvest recomended the 14" for me. I hope it solves the buffeting I get on the top of my helmet over 60mph.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:03 PM
Jags93
Road Master

Originally Posted by sanlyn
I have a 16" Windvest in Gunsmoke (doesn't look like the offer the 16" in Gunsmoke anymore on their web site). Love the windshield. I wouldn't say it absolutely eliminated the buffeting, but coupled with other changes on the bike (fairing lowers), it made a world of difference. I'm very comfortable riding now. I look over the windshield while riding, and the "flip" takes care of the wind, the only issue I have is late at night it's a little dark, but that only bothers me when I'm close to home (way out in the country with no street lights). Generally not an issue.

I picked up one of the Road Glide Ultra windshields the other day for the cheap, and thought about trying that for late night riding, but really like the looks of the windvest on my bike, so haven't done it yet.

I tried one of the HD Windsplitters when I first bought the bike. I called it the Wind Tunnel as it blew the h#ll out of me. Hated it from the first ride, and got rid of it. The dealership told me how wonderful it was, and initially said they'd take it back if I didn't like it, but when I called them after the first ride it became "we'll take it back if you buy something else from us." So I went with the Windvest. Called them that day, and the windshield arrived the next day.
How tall are you?

Old 04-15-2011, 12:06 PM
sanlyn
Road Master

6', long torso.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:23 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by sanlyn
6', long torso.
You must have a long torso! I am 6 ft also, and I can just see over my stock 16 inch and I sit 1 inch higher on the RG Ultra than I would on a RG Custom like yours.

I want as much protection as I can get, but I still want to be able to see over the shield. So I'm thinking the 15 inch might do it. I also thinking Light Smoke tint.

Can you measure the vertical height of your 16 windvest (from above gauges to top of windshield)? Thanks.

Old 04-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Jags93
Road Master

cool. the 14 shlould be right for me then.

Old 04-15-2011, 01:16 PM
sanlyn
Road Master

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
You must have a long torso! I am 6 ft also, and I can just see over my stock 16 inch and I sit 1 inch higher on the RG Ultra than I would on a RG Custom like yours.

I want as much protection as I can get, but I still want to be able to see over the shield. So I'm thinking the 15 inch might do it. I also thinking Light Smoke tint.

Can you measure the vertical height of your 16 windvest (from above gauges to top of windshield)? Thanks.
I'll measure when I get home tonight.

Quick Reply: Who has Windvest on RG Ultra?