Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has Windvest on RG Ultra?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:41 PM
sanlyn
Road Master
Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ozoneman
Thanks Sanlyn for taking the time to measure it again. It looks like I might be able to get by with the 16 inch and still see over the shield. If not, I guess I can always return it for the 15 inch. Now I have to decide on clear or light smoke.
These guys were really great to work with. When I bought this one I wasn't sure about the height, but they expedited shipping and told me no problem if I got it and wanted to exchange for a shorter shield.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:01 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Have you had to replace your well nuts when replacing the windshield? Someone at the dealership suggested that the well nuts should be replaced.

Old 04-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you had to replace your well nuts when replacing the windshield? Someone at the dealership suggested that the well nuts should be replaced.
I think somebody on the Road Glide Forum recently stated that they rejuvinated their well nuts by applying a little heat to them. I think they just used a match or lighter to warm them up, then rolled them in between their thumb and index finger, but I forget. Just be sure not to over-tighten the screws upon installing a shield, as it can cause you to loose one in the fairing.

After a few windshield swaps, my well nuts were still in descent condition, so I didn't bother trying this method. And since I finally found the perfect size windshield for my RGC at 6ft/34" inseam, I don't expect to be swapping it out for quite some time, if ever.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Well, I finally decided on the 15 inch WV. I talked to Doug and he convinced me that the 15 was right for me. Placed the order, now wait to find out if he was right. He thinks since the stock 16 inch shield is about at the level of the tip of my noise, I should try the 15. He is probably right because I do find myself looking through the stock shield occasionally (when I slouch more). See how it goes! I can always send it back and get the 16 if needed.

Old 04-20-2011, 06:15 PM
Tek74
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I finally decided on the 15 inch WV. I talked to Doug and he convinced me that the 15 was right for me. Placed the order, now wait to find out if he was right. He thinks since the stock 16 inch shield is about at the level of the tip of my noise, I should try the 15. He is probably right because I do find myself looking through the stock shield occasionally (when I slouch more). See how it goes! I can always send it back and get the 16 if needed.
I think you'll be happy with the 15", especially if you got the light smoke. Once you try it out, offer you review of it here and on the Windshield section of the Road Glide Forum.

http://www.roadglide.org/forumdisplay.php?f=23

Old 04-21-2011, 02:53 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Had my windshield on/off several times in the last 3 1/2 years, & still usin' the original well nuts. If you do decide to replace 'em get the new ones from Ace, Lowe's, or Home Depot, they're a lot less expensive.............

Old 04-24-2011, 01:10 AM
lowflyer
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 100 Likes on 68 Posts

I just put on a 12in. WV and took a short ride on a windy day. My sunglasses kept trying to come off forward. I`ll try tomorrow and report. I`m 5`10"

Old 04-25-2011, 11:41 AM
lowflyer
Outstanding HDF Member
Default Windvest company is the best!

Spoke to the windvest people today and they have a 14in. on it`s way. They are working with me and don`t have to. I highly recomend them as a company out to help the consumer any way they can.

Old 04-27-2011, 07:35 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

I installed the 15 WV today on my 2011 RG Ultra. It is raining so I can't try it out yet.

The vertical measurement from the top of the instrument gauge cluster ridge with the HD symbol on it, to the top of the shield was 12 3/4 inches. From top of cluster in front of ridge to top of shield was 13 inches.

Should get time to try out on Friday and/or Saturday.

Old 05-05-2011, 02:08 AM
lowflyer
Outstanding HDF Member

I`m happy to say I`ve tried the 15in. windvest and it rocks!

Quick Reply: Who has Windvest on RG Ultra?