Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RePaint a 2011 Street Glide CVO?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 10:30 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 5 Posts

It will definitely devalue it as a CVO with different colors. That's actually a great color setup, and I'd have it if I could afford it. Personally, I think he's crazy to even consider swapping out the colors. But if he does, buying tins that are painted the color he wants IS THE WAY TO GO. Long term it would be better because he could throw the CVO tins back on when he sells, and then sell the extra set of painted tins..... But it's his $$. If he wants to make a trade, PM me. I have NEVER seen a bike like mine. But I know flames ain't for everyone. LoL

Old 04-14-2011, 11:07 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,834 Likes on 22,753 Posts

Originally Posted by Tinsleytown
he's not crying about it, it's not that he has to be unique, or thinks he was buying the only CVO in the state, or is struggling with some personality disorder that makes him have a seizure when he sees another CVO... just looking to personalize his bike.
There are many ways to do that..personalize one's bike, but I didn't think that this was originally the gist of the thread..?

Old 04-14-2011, 11:34 AM
TexasJR
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My guess is that you are in a major metropolitan area. If it makes him feel any better, the HD dealers themselves usually have a hard time getting there hands on those CVO bikes. Once they get them, they go pretty quick. If they want more, they do so buy buying them at the RETAIL price from other dealers, knowing they can mark them up in the major metro areas.

I've owned to CVOs.....and truthfully buy them primarily for the engine. I think my big touring bike needs a 110. Personally, I think if you start monkeying with it too much you are asking for trouble. Give me a stock 110, swap out the pipes, air cleaner and a tuner, and I am good. Mine is black and I LOVE that bike! There are a LOT of black bikes and black Ultra Classics out there, but this one is THE baddest black Ultra Classic out there....why? Because it's mine!!!

He should feel the same way about his bike!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:37 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What he should do is...

Give me the bike. I don't care if there are others just like it. I bought the bike to ride, not as a ***** extension or needing some kind of exclusivity.

Kinda stupid if you ask me...if the only reason he bought it was to say he had something unique, but yet he is buying a mass-produced vehicle...I'm thinking he didn't QUITE think this through.

Old 04-15-2011, 07:21 PM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

He can do what he wants. Personally, I think he is nuts. There is NO way I would paint it. Who cares if someone else has one nearby. Drive it and be proud of it. Maybe customize a few things to make it his, but no way would I paint a CVO. Just sayin!!

Old 04-15-2011, 07:31 PM
1st 96 ultra
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by rerb95
maybe I'm confused but he bought his bike for a investment? Wrong choice! As far as being unique, change something then... if he bought it cause he liked the color, then keep the color, maybe change the bars or the wheels? He could always add some original pinstripping? Just a thought but if he bought the bike to be unique then he bought the wrong bike... Those CVO models are everywhere, they tell you that stuff to get you to buy the bike, they are incredible and there is little if anything that he would HAVE to do, but if he wants it original, then there are still things that he could do...
Yea what he said