Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Just ordered a SE compensator for the '09

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2011, 04:09 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by HOGNOT
What, pray tell, required this much warranty work? At 19K, before the warranty expired, I got my front brake rotors replaced due to warping and 50% off the cost of a new installed front tire due to cupping of the OEM tire.....maybe $500.00 parts and labor at the most.

I ask because your answer may foretell my future.

VR
My '09 Ultra Classic has been a real lemon from the get-go. The first thing was the front tire replaced at 1000 miles. The spring broke on the jiffy stand. The radio has been replaced once. This past summer I got stranded twice. Once 325 miles from home on a Sunday because the front cylinder fuel injector malfunctioned. The engine temperature sensor was replaced. The starter switch was replaced also last summer along with a new starter a couple of weeks later. The front rotors started warping at around 8k miles but didn't get replaced until about 3 weeks ago. The 3-way speaker switch is currently causing the audio to stop working intermittently. There were a few other parts replaced but I’ve lost track of everything.

The warranty has since expired. I'm on my own now. We'll have to see what happens next. Don't let this discourage you buying. There are some great Ultra Classic out there. I just happen to get one of the bad ones.

Last edited by shortride; 04-14-2011 at 04:11 PM.
Old 04-14-2011, 04:21 PM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,785 Likes on 22,736 Posts

Wow, that really sux.

Old 04-14-2011, 04:35 PM
RK14SGS
Road Warrior
Received 144 Likes on 108 Posts
Default Anxious

Originally Posted by ybnorml
Mine will be replaced on Saturday....anxious to see what the stock looks like.
I think we're anxious to see what that AVATAR looks like!!!!!

Old 04-14-2011, 06:00 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29,086 Likes on 11,627 Posts

Originally Posted by RK09RK
I think we're anxious to see what that AVATAR looks like!!!!!
all natural....no silly cone

Old 04-15-2011, 12:28 AM
captainjack
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

didn't grind mine, backed out the bolts about half way that are holding the inner primary on, gave the starter a slight bump from the other side and the case fell down just enough for me to change the compensator out, button everything back up, no leaks

Old 05-11-2011, 03:32 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

I ordered the SE compensator and Premium Oil coler on April 13th and just found out they're on back-order until the end of May.

Old 05-14-2011, 09:35 PM
2009blackpearle
Road Master
Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Default gound my case

ground lip on the bottom of the case, didnt want to take the inner primary off, that would have meant all the clutch had to come off too. taped all over the magneto while grinding, then I used a flapper wheel to smooth the ground area down. No way would the magneto come off unless you grind the lip down. you dont have to disturb the edge of the case where the gasket faces meet.
did head upgrade to mva heads 10.5 :1 domed pistons, v-h power duels, monster rounds, compensator, adjustable pushrods

Attached Thumbnails Just ordered a SE compensator for the '09-prime2.jpg   Just ordered a SE compensator for the '09-prime-4.jpg   Just ordered a SE compensator for the '09-prime-6.jpg   Just ordered a SE compensator for the '09-prime-9.jpg   Just ordered a SE compensator for the '09-img_3604-copy.jpg  

Old 05-15-2011, 11:32 AM
HOGNOT
Tourer
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
The warranty has since expired. I'm on my own now. We'll have to see what happens next. Don't let this discourage you buying. There are some great Ultra Classic out there. I just happen to get one of the bad ones.
I admire your attitude. Don't think I'd be so understanding. Thanks.

VR

Old 05-20-2011, 03:22 PM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member

I'm glad to say I received my SE compensator today. I also order a premium oil cooler but it is still on back order.

Old 05-20-2011, 03:45 PM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the market in Getting a new bike and had been working with the sales guys at HD for a bike and you guys are really beginning to discourage me. BIG TIME DISCOURAGE. Older bikes with some heavy mileage on them, OK I can see getting some the problems mentioned. But FRIKEN NEW bikes, are you kidding me !!!!!!

Why do you tolerate such a thing ?

You guys are talking oil leaks, compensator malfunctions, Primary Bearing and assorted sensors failures.

Do you guys ever want to ring the dealers neck for fluffing it off as "This is Normal".

Quick Reply: Just ordered a SE compensator for the '09