Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

help security fob lost

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2011, 02:54 AM
ctf81549
6th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default help security fob lost

ok, here goes, lost security fob while on the road, how do i start bike now, guess i need to take to dealer, are there any default that i can input to start or disable security, any help would be a help

Old 04-13-2011, 03:36 AM
Ron750
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 16,548 Likes on 6,277 Posts
Default look in manual

Yes you can bypass manually but you need to know code. Didn't pick up my new2me 03 Flhtcui yet,but I read about it in my manual. Saw thread on here about default code. Do a search.

Old 04-13-2011, 05:13 AM
Geezer glider
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As already stated, you need to look at the manual to see how to get it by-passed so you can ride it. If new (or fairly new and bought at dealer) your dealer likely put in a password(numbers), so maybe a call to them about what it is will help, worst case you have to have it brought to a dealer to help. Post what bike it is and the year, someone will chime in to help if they have more info.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:00 AM
artt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ctf81549
ok, here goes, lost security fob while on the road, how do i start bike now, guess i need to take to dealer, are there any default that i can input to start or disable security, any help would be a help
If you have the owners manual with you, follow the procedure in it for bypassing the security system. It's not hard to do and the directions are pretty clear. You may want to try the same number across the display starting with ones. If that doesn't work then twos etc. If the dealer setup the security system it will be something like that, easy to remember. Once your familiar with the process I would change the password to something unique that you will remember.

If the dealer didn't set up the password or the bike is used and the previous owner changed it from default you have to get the password from him or the dealer will have to override it with a computer.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:07 AM
emwolb
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

you can use the turn signal switches to bypass the security, provided you can remember the procedure and the code you entered. if it were me, without the owners manual, i'd be lost. good luck.

Old 04-13-2011, 06:12 AM
nhbiker1961
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Unless you have changed the codes, the default code is 1.1.1.1.1 By pressing both directional right after ignition, you can use the directional buttons to enter the code.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:24 AM
jeffreydsilver
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 165 Likes on 114 Posts
Default Procedure

Originally Posted by nhbiker1961
Unless you have changed the codes, the default code is 1.1.1.1.1 By pressing both directional right after ignition, you can use the directional buttons to enter the code.
1) Turn IGN key to IGNITION and immediately hold both turn switches in until 5 dashes appear in odometer window
2) Enter first digit of code by pressing left turn switch appropriate amount of times
3) Press right turn switch 1 time
4) Enter second digit of code by pressing left turn switch appropriate amount of times
5) Press right turn switch 1 time
6) Do the same for the 3rd, 4th & 5th digits then press the right turn switch 1 time

Assuming that you entered the code correctly (and the correct code) this would bypass the need for the fob.

The owners manual has the procedures for bringing up the currently installed code and well as for changing the code to your own. It also has a removable procedure card to bury in your wallet for just such emergencies.
Hope this was of some help - lots of luck!

Old 04-13-2011, 07:28 AM
KCFLHRC
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 1,301 Likes on 781 Posts
Old 04-13-2011, 07:36 AM
Big Gator
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nhbiker1961
Some dealers change the code to either their zip code or the last 5 digits of the VIN.

Old 04-13-2011, 07:50 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

It never ceases to amaze me how many bike owners wont take the time to set up the codes to start bike with out the FOB until the horse gets out of the barn. Go figure.

Quick Reply: help security fob lost