Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paul Yaffe customer service

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2011, 10:37 AM
OklahomaSam
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Someone needs to look at the cancelled orders and see if the profit lost is greater than the cost to hire a customer service phone jockey.

I'll guess there's no time to figure that though.

And the previous poster that mentioned the call carry-over has it right. I'd be interested in knowing how many calls are second, third, or fourth attempts to talk to someone.

Old 04-16-2011, 10:42 AM
Beach
Advanced

I tried to place an order during Bike week, called and got the answering machine. I got a call back 4 days later and the first thing the guy did was say "I'm sorry for the delay in our response." He explained that because of staff size, work load and bike week he was unable to respond in a more timely manner. When I placed my order he told me the monkey bars were on back order and it would take 4 to 7 weeks. Went on to tell me they don't charge till they ship and I can void the order if I find them in stock elsewhere. Can't speak for everyone, I just want my fender and bars, customer service was fine with me

Old 04-16-2011, 11:18 AM
neano62
Tourer

I want to follow up on my qoute from yesterday,...Customer Service is A-#1 w/Yaffe. I met him in Columbus,Ohio this year and he was very Proffessional and has been that way w/me from the git go!

Anyway I got thru to Phil yesterday w/my order status.He put me on hold and went to check w/the wharehouse guy to personally check out, what was up.My Floorboards and Race Levers are on the way!!! Brake Arm and Monkey Crash Bars,...are not!!!

So,I'm hoping that rest of my order that was bought, and paid in FULL on Febuary 13th, in Columbus, Ohio will be shipped out in the next 2 weeks!

btw,...they are shipping me back a Brake Arm and Pedal (stock) so I can at least Ride my Bike till they catch up.
I know allot of people dont care for what they've been reading about the Customer Service out of PYO, but to b perfectly HONEST here,I will wait on AWESOME!

Old 04-16-2011, 12:27 PM
103Street
Advanced

I have left two messages on the voicemail that answers during normal hours in the past week. I have yet to get a call back to explain what I am needing from them. The message they have says no need to leave details because we will call you back. Its been 8 days since the first message I left them. I understand the situation but that long on a call back seems to be to long. When I did call and reach someone about two weeks ago, like others have said, this guy was rude on the phone. Acted like I was bothering him or something. The parts I need are replacement or should I say warranty parts. Having someone treat people the way I felt he had on the phone will give a bad rap very fast. I can see one bad experience, but it sounds like a whole lot more than that here. I hope he reads these comments and makes some changes fast for his buisness. Word of mouth is worth a million.

Old 04-16-2011, 01:14 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

103Street .... I think you might be a tad optimistic .... even if he does read the general consensus of opinion amongst the guy's here he will not change his Modus operandi to change the situation requires a change of attitude and commitment to his customers and to be quite honest his e-mail gave you a glimpse of the man's way of thinking .... Hopefully this forum will help lift the veil on the way he thinks and deals with the biker community ..... if it was not parts for your bike would you let some guy F##K you about like that ....... I wouldn't irrespective of in his view they were AWESOME!

Last edited by skulltrainharley; 04-16-2011 at 01:43 PM.
Old 04-17-2011, 10:32 AM
dkitch
Cruiser
Default Yaffee Fosgate Stereo

Been waiting on info on the new stereo set-up after hearing about their customer service maybe I should find different system Huh?

Old 04-17-2011, 12:14 PM
skulltrainharley
Road Warrior
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

It's your money your call ..... but hopefully you have read people's experience when dealing or trying to deal with him .... Good luck either way

Old 04-17-2011, 01:36 PM
KaponeWKYA
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggzed
I think you guys are all being a little hard on the guy. He's being honest about a major problem he has with his business. If you root cause why he is in the position, it's probably because his products are popular and priced accordingly. They may be too expensive for some people, but that doesn't mean it's over priced for everyone. Obviously he has the demand, just needs to figure out how to get supply to catch up. It's not like he can just start pulling people off the street to answer the phone. These people are calling with questions that need to be answered by someone with knowledge of the product, bikes, etc. If I got anything out of the e-mail the DR posted it would be an admission there is a problem with his business and that he is frustrated people are not being handled the way he would like them to be.

Just my .02
Zach
I agree with Zach 100%. I have called a few times and got someone on the phone and they answered any question I had very professionally. I have several of his parts on my bike and I love his stuff. I also took away that Yaffe was being honest and yes, maybe a little arrogant, but his stuff IS awesome, so maybe it's a little justified...

There are more of his products that I will want, so when the time comes, I'll plan accordingly and be patient...it's well worth the wait IMHO...

Old 04-17-2011, 01:45 PM
jazzy jack
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OK I get it, he's a great guy and has great products, but he's no business man that's for sure.

Old 04-17-2011, 02:03 PM
Rammer
Cruiser

When I was trying to decide what bars to order I called down and got the machine and left a message. the next day Paul himself called me and answered my questions and apologized for the delay. They are just busy and yes sometimes things happen but I wouldn't rail on the guy because they dont junp on your every demand

Quick Reply: Paul Yaffe customer service