Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hit by 4x4

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 07:53 PM
eazyduzzit
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts

I was making a left hand turn a couple of months ago, and had stopped to wait on some cars coming the opposite direction. another car was stopped behind me.
A guy comes up behind us in a Jeep and slams into both of us. Luckily I was in my truck, and not on the bike. He admitted to the cops that he wasn't watching where he was going.

Old 04-09-2011, 07:54 PM
Rossi
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rustell, Do those keep flashing as long as your holding the brake? Or like the Kuryakyns that flash a few timew and go solid?

Old 04-09-2011, 08:08 PM
tlb
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hate sitting at lights, a going through intersections. I can control most other situations, but I cannot make people stop, when they supposed too.
Glad you are ok.

Old 04-09-2011, 08:10 PM
thecort
Road Captain

Good to hear a "positive" ending. Glad you're ok.

Old 04-09-2011, 10:47 PM
swervin irv
Tourer

It is good to hear that you are ok,there are so many stupid morons out there.......

Old 04-09-2011, 11:46 PM
skratch
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,355 Likes on 2,534 Posts

when i first read your thread title, i was thinking 4x4, as in lumber type..... like the guy who got hit with a sledgehammer.

glad to hear that you weren't hurt, and i hope his insurance takes care of you.

Old 04-10-2011, 12:01 AM
cass
Road Warrior
Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

I hear ya!
I rode to work on thursday and almost got run into by a van crossing into my lane with me in it! Then, later on the Washington D.C. Beltway, i almost got taken out by some guy oblivious to my presence. Crossed over into my lane without a peek. Then to make matters worse, later when going home, a "professional" truck driver running bobtail decides he is in the wrong lane at the woodrow willson bridge and that he needs the through lanes rather than local and corsses the hash marks....you got it.....INTO MY LANE!. I've never had so much trouble in one day....heck, in one year. Hope this isn't an oman or vision of things to come. My commute just went from 40 miles one way to 52 miles one way and gas for my jeep aint cheap so riding the Harley. I even had the baze orange vest on...so much for high vis clothing.

cass

Old 04-10-2011, 12:07 AM
ThePointman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad your OK that is way too scary. People just don't pay attention anymore.

Just this morning I was riding down the road in the fast lane and this idiot in one of those big white delivery cube trucks just changes lanes into the fast lane. I see him coming over and I had no choice but to move into the oncomming lane and gun it to pass him so I didn't get flattened by oncomming traffic. I did it very calmly until I got even with his window and started waving my left hand at him if you know what I mean... He wasnt even looking at the road he was looking at the passenger that he was talking to. Then he sees me pointing at him and yelling. I was pissed I yelled at him and pointed to pull over and he slowed right down so he could avoid me I just kept going. Seriously what if another car had been coming the other way and was over the line into my lane I would have had no where to go... pisses me off to no end that people are so careless. Rant over and again I am glad you made out OK as it could have been way worse.

Old 04-10-2011, 05:58 AM
Rick14221
Tourer

I have the bright *** lights and when I see someone approaching at an itersection I always squeeze the front back handle several times so they can see the flashing. Just to make sure...Added the headlight modulator to hopefully keep people from pulling out in front of me. People notice it...Glad you are ok

Old 04-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Trucky911
Road Warrior

Received 70 Likes on 54 Posts

Glad your ok and not much damage to your bike. The same thing happened to me back in 01. I was stopped behind a guy making a left turn into a parking lot and some one rear ended me. All he kept saying was "I didn't see ya".....

Trucky911

Quick Reply: Hit by 4x4