Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RKC scheduled build date March 27! (update)(pics)

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 01:48 PM
bpete
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RKC scheduled build date March 27! (update)(pics)

I was happy to learn that my bike now has a build date and everything is on schedule for me to pick it up from the dealer in mid-April. I'm excited to get riding. I'm relocating to western North Carolina and will be back in the saddle after a long, 25-year absence from riding. I'm looking forward to exploring the area roads, and I also plan to travel as much of the U.S. and Canada as I can. See you all on the road soon.

And I gotta give a shout out to you, HDF members, and thank you; so much has changed over the past 25 years and I'm finding that I'm visiting the forum frequently for tips and advice. I'm learning from the "old timers" of course but also from the "noobs" who ask some great questions. I appreciate the humor, patriotism, and seeing people reach out to folks going through a tough spell.
Had to post this update, I'm so excited; my bike is at the dealership and will be ready for me to ride it away when I get there the week after next! After my above post on March 1, I hadn't heard any news so I was thinking that there was a delay somewhere. I called the dealer this morning and they said yup, the bike had arrive about two days ago! My brother is in the area so he rode down to the dealer to check it out, he snapped these pics. I can't wait to ride it away, April 19 is the big day!!

Attached Thumbnails RKC scheduled build date March 27! (update)(pics)-rkc-01.jpg   RKC scheduled build date March 27! (update)(pics)-rkc-02.jpg   RKC scheduled build date March 27! (update)(pics)-rkc-03.jpg   RKC scheduled build date March 27! (update)(pics)-rkc-04.jpg   RKC scheduled build date March 27! (update)(pics)-rkc-05.jpg  

Old 04-09-2011, 02:56 PM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser

Very nice, time stands still while waiting, I know!

Old 04-09-2011, 04:55 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks nice great color!

Old 04-09-2011, 04:57 PM
Whiskers
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Congrats on the new bike....love that Cool Blue!

Old 04-09-2011, 05:48 PM
bpete
Cruiser

Originally Posted by humboldtsgt
Very nice, time stands still while waiting, I know!
thanks and I hope that the time goes by more quickly for you than it has for me. see that you'll take deliver in late May, just around the corner! Take care.

Old 04-09-2011, 06:00 PM
bpete
Cruiser

Port Dawg, Whiskers, thanks. I really dig the cool blue pearl. I was also looking at the root beer, silver and of course the black. it was a tough choice. When he went buy to see it today, my brother - whose opinion I respect alot - said that it wasn't his type of color but it looks sharp. I've always been a fan of blue on Harleys, especially when its paired up with cream/white like they have some years.

Old 04-13-2011, 10:32 PM
humboldtsgt
Cruiser

Originally Posted by bpete
thanks and I hope that the time goes by more quickly for you than it has for me. see that you'll take deliver in late May, just around the corner! Take care.
Thanks, dealer said the VIN # will be a week ahead of the bike and I can get the $$ arrangements out of the way. I am hoping for the last week of May or first week of June (dealer will be doing a stage 1 before I pick her up). Meanwhile, I am keeping up my skills on a 1991 KZ police 1000 run-out, 200 lbs lighter but its a kick in the pants when the fairing isn't rattling to all hell.

Old 04-14-2011, 07:21 AM
fm58
Tourer
Received 127 Likes on 40 Posts

That is a nice color, congrats!

Old 04-14-2011, 07:36 AM
VinnyM
Road Master
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

That's a great color, I just rolled a new black Classic last week and looked really hard at the blue one.

Old 04-14-2011, 08:27 AM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats - enjoy the new ride.

Quick Reply: RKC scheduled build date March 27! (update)(pics)