Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

removing glass on baffle? will

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011, 11:44 AM
frozensoul
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default removing glass on baffle? will

you mess any thing up? i got the ss klockwerks short slipons with power commander and big sucker. read on here somewhere that someone pulled the wrap off the baffles on thier klockwerks and put baffles back in and really liked the sound even better. would like to see what they sounded like w/o the wrap but not at the cost of messing something up on the engine on my 09 sg.

Old 04-09-2011, 11:51 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,027 Likes on 4,214 Posts

I had a set of pythons and the baffle was basically a thin wall pipe with a twist not unlike looking down a gun barrel. I put the quite baffles in and they were wrapped in glass with a dead in tube that had small holes that allowed the exhaust to hit the glass and somewhat quieten it. I saw little noticeable difference in any of it. Just loud and louder.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by grf000
I had a set of pythons and the baffle was basically a thin wall pipe with a twist not unlike looking down a gun barrel. I put the quite baffles in and they were wrapped in glass with a dead in tube that had small holes that allowed the exhaust to hit the glass and somewhat quieten it. I saw little noticeable difference in any of it. Just loud and louder.
The first baffles you describe are exactly what came in my V&H Fishtail slip ons. Were louder than heck and really cut the power down. I switched to their quiet baffles which are exactly like the second ones you describe. There is a little strip on fiberglass wrapped around them, but I doubt they do a hell of a lot and probably will burn away eventually.

Old 04-09-2011, 12:27 PM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,027 Likes on 4,214 Posts

Originally Posted by Guntoter
The first baffles you describe are exactly what came in my V&H Fishtail slip ons. Were louder than heck and really cut the power down. I switched to their quiet baffles which are exactly like the second ones you describe. There is a little strip on fiberglass wrapped around them, but I doubt they do a hell of a lot and probably will burn away eventually.
I come in at 12:30AM from work and I'm running a stock take off from a 96" Softail Nighttrain now. The quite baffles came from V&H and were listed by them for the python pipes.