Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hayabusa's look out

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Nightstalker88
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hayabusa's look out

I installed my fuel moto dyna jet V and...my new orange 10MM plug wires. Best kept secret in performance circles. Well it sounds scary fast in the garage.

Sorry black wire dudes. Second place is first loser!

It's Friday and i don't have to work 12's like last week end and it's supposed to be in the 80's this weekend in Ohio.

Old 04-08-2011, 07:30 AM
BLK08ROCKERC
Road Captain

If you think the orange wires make the bike fast, you should try a orange bike! I'm thinking about installing a parachute to slow it down.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:23 AM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

The title alone made me laugh.
The only wire that will ever be any better is a solid copper core wire and not a piece of carbon filled which will break easily upon removal.
The world is full of weirdness, and this proves it without a doubt!

aka Bob

Old 04-08-2011, 10:01 AM
Kesean
Stellar HDF Member
Received 395 Likes on 152 Posts

Originally Posted by BLK08ROCKERC
If you think the orange wires make the bike fast, you should try a orange bike! I'm thinking about installing a parachute to slow it down.

Old 04-08-2011, 10:17 AM
rerb95
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wait til you try the NEW "bluetooth wires" hahahahahaha

Old 04-08-2011, 10:27 AM
JokerJ13
Cruiser

MY '00 Busa is scared now. See whatcha gone and done!

Old 04-08-2011, 10:38 AM
fxdwg_rugby
Road Master

Thats some funny CHIT right there...I dont think we could see a Busa's tail lights if they took off...

Old 04-08-2011, 11:25 AM
Nightstalker88
Tourer

When I was still in the service one of my Privates with a crotch rocket was telling us how fast it was...I told him "I bet you a case of beer I can beat you and you bike back to the barracks in my old truck". It's a twelve mile drive and I'm driving a 85 ford ranger 4x4 with 35's under it. He says, "no going off road and short cutting?" I said "nope." With some encouragement from others he says " It's a bet".

So at lunch pull off all his spark plug wires and leave them hang. Then I put cable ties over the shocks and through the rims in the back tire. I tell one of the other NCO's what I had done and tell him to tell the private one item at a time tyo assure a win, and not to diminish all hope.

So after work we're all outside for the big race. He has all his gear on and in a sprinters stance. "Go!" someone yells...I start walking...he is sprinting to the bike, mounts it smiles and WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...WRRRRRRRRRRRR...WRRRRRRRRR. I get in the truck and drive away. My fellow NCO tells him after I leave, "Check the plug wires". He then puts them on and fires it up. VRRRROOOOOM all smiles, again the lead is not to large. He puts it in gear lets out the clutch and BLAH. NCO again points out the issue. He now has to run back into the hanger and get some wire cutters to get the bands off. Problem solved. Ready to roll, then the NCO says you can't take the tools home "Put them back"....Off he goes...

He showed up at the barracks with a case of beer...It pays to be a winner!
Lessons learned: If it sounds to good to be true it probably is...Privates are not that smart....Good training.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:09 PM
ngoti8tor
Outstanding HDF Member

Originally Posted by Turbo Turtle
The title alone made me laugh.
The only wire that will ever be any better is a solid copper core wire and not a piece of carbon filled which will break easily upon removal.
The world is full of weirdness, and this proves it without a doubt!

aka Bob
Just to clear things up, braided wire is better than solid wire because it can carry the power better. Braided wire has more surface area, which is where the electrons flow.

Stranded or braided wire can carry more power because it has a higher surface area. Each strand of braided wire presents all sides that would be smashed against the center of a solid wire. Braided wire is also used to carry large amounts of power because it is easier to dissipate the heat that so much flowing electricity generates when there is space between wires.

Old 04-08-2011, 12:39 PM
Hammy
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Smile

Originally Posted by ngoti8tor
Just to clear things up, braided wire is better than solid wire because it can carry the power better. Braided wire has more surface area, which is where the electrons flow.

Stranded or braided wire can carry more power because it has a higher surface area. Each strand of braided wire presents all sides that would be smashed against the center of a solid wire. Braided wire is also used to carry large amounts of power because it is easier to dissipate the heat that so much flowing electricity generates when there is space between wires.
You are correct, elctrons flow over the surface of the metal not through the metal. (if electrons did flow through the metal it would be obliterated much like a welding stick) The more stands a braided wire has the better. More strands means less resistance the wire will have. Less resistance equals more electrical current per foot of wire.

Quick Reply: Hayabusa's look out