Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hayabusa's look out

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2011, 02:03 PM
BBStacker
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ngoti8tor
Just to clear things up, braided wire is better than solid wire because it can carry the power better. Braided wire has more surface area, which is where the electrons flow.
Stranded or braided wire can carry more power because it has a higher surface area. Each strand of braided wire presents all sides that would be smashed against the center of a solid wire. Braided wire is also used to carry large amounts of power because it is easier to dissipate the heat that so much flowing electricity generates when there is space between wires.
Of course someone from flight line would like orange anything. Reminds em of all the damn flags on safety pins. LMAO

Dang this went to science class really quick. Who saids dat bykers awr stoopid?

I think the true burning question is why are there metric parts, nuts and bolts on a supposedly american "sae" product. Haven't fingered that one out yet.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:24 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

The only race you'll win against a 'Busa is a cross county sore butt event. I went to Sturgis is '95 with my nephew, who was on a YZF Yamaha. After 300 miles he was damn near crying on his bike.

Old 04-08-2011, 03:36 PM
blusmbl
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I did 800 in a weekend on my 'busa and thanks to a corbin my butt wasn't sore. I can't say the same for my back, elbows and hands, though.

That trip pushed me over the edge and prompted the purchase of my Road King.

Old 04-08-2011, 04:16 PM
mastery
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Nightstalker88
When I was still in the service one of my Privates with a crotch rocket was telling us how fast it was...I told him "I bet you a case of beer I can beat you and you bike back to the barracks in my old truck". It's a twelve mile drive and I'm driving a 85 ford ranger 4x4 with 35's under it. He says, "no going off road and short cutting?" I said "nope." With some encouragement from others he says " It's a bet".

So at lunch pull off all his spark plug wires and leave them hang. Then I put cable ties over the shocks and through the rims in the back tire. I tell one of the other NCO's what I had done and tell him to tell the private one item at a time tyo assure a win, and not to diminish all hope.

So after work we're all outside for the big race. He has all his gear on and in a sprinters stance. "Go!" someone yells...I start walking...he is sprinting to the bike, mounts it smiles and WRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...WRRRRRRRRRRRR...WRRRRRRRRR. I get in the truck and drive away. My fellow NCO tells him after I leave, "Check the plug wires". He then puts them on and fires it up. VRRRROOOOOM all smiles, again the lead is not to large. He puts it in gear lets out the clutch and BLAH. NCO again points out the issue. He now has to run back into the hanger and get some wire cutters to get the bands off. Problem solved. Ready to roll, then the NCO says you can't take the tools home "Put them back"....Off he goes...

He showed up at the barracks with a case of beer...It pays to be a winner!
Lessons learned: If it sounds to good to be true it probably is...Privates are not that smart....Good training.
Nice story...

Old 04-08-2011, 04:21 PM
shagnasty
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The only way to beat a busa is with a black bike. Everybody knows the black ones are fastest.

Old 04-08-2011, 09:30 PM
MikeRider
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mastery
Nice story...
Yeah, but If I start talkin' to my privates they're gonna think I'm nuts too.