Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new tire at dealer now rim has scratches

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2011, 11:02 AM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

I always bring my wheels in off the bike. Nothing the service department hates more, than an owner who does his own work.

I guess we're all supposed to be RUB's with spotless hands....I never got the memo.

~Joe

Old 04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
trailey97
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

another one of them times im glad my local stealer has a checklist that the service manager thoroughly goes through with you to point things out....

tire tech is probably one of the porters who in that case gets paid hourly (not much) and doesnt really give a hoot bc the actual techs give him the crap end of the stick with things, and he feels intimidated by them... dealer should have this fixed for you...and this dealership is????????

Old 04-07-2011, 05:52 PM
iwillfixthem4u
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for all of the great input, I agree that the best way to go is to remove the wheels yourself and clean them prior to drop off. Then go over their condition with the shop at the time of write up. (if for no other reason, but to point out how **** you are and that you are going to inspect what you expect when you pick them up) This may elevate your job to a higher level tech just to save the manager the brain damage. The bottom line is that I made an assumption that the dealer who works with much more expensive wheels them mine would just have to do it right. Right? Wow was I naive.
The good news is that I went to the dealer first thing today and the service manager agreed that this was wrong and ordered me a new wheel with out the fight that I was ready for. I also pointed out to him that the guy that had my wheel off failed to mention that my rear brake pads were at the limit. Word to the wise: get yourself a service manual and at least check out you bike yourself even if you have to have someone else do the repairs. thanks again