Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after market tour pack... any of you guys seen this one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2011 | 06:58 AM
rerb95
|
Road Warrior
Default after market tour pack... any of you guys seen this one?

found this with a simple google search, seems to look like a duplicate... Any one using it or have any thoughts from looking at the post?

http://www.a1hardbags.com/motorcycle.../prod_295.html

Let me know...

Thanks,
RJ

Old 04-06-2011 | 07:13 AM
trailey97
Tourer

hmmm maybe somehow got quite a few at a good price.....or worked really hard at making a mold just like harleys....but it clearly says harley tour king pack

Old 04-06-2011 | 07:21 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member

Kind of a moot point. Says they are out of stock.

Old 04-06-2011 | 07:33 AM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp

Must be decent as their out of stock already...unless they made like one!

Old 04-06-2011 | 07:36 AM
mountainpharm
Road Captain

I agree with trailey97 -- looks like they made their own mold. It appears the only color available is black?? They had better be careful on their labeling as the name "King Tour-Pak" is registered to HD.

Might be a good deal depending on quality. Their own website says a known issue is placement of the lock but they place the responsibility of fixing it on the customer. That tells me they didn't do their due diligence in quality control prior to releasing the product to the public.

Personally, I'd want to see one in person before I dropped 3 bills on one.

Old 04-06-2011 | 08:04 AM
larsfum
Stellar HDF Member

Looks to me like they hacked a mold off a Harley TP. Out of stock. may be because they ran out, but also could be the MoCo's lawyers sent them a cease & desist letter.

Old 04-06-2011 | 09:07 AM
bigskyhd
Seasoned HDF Member

The MoCo didn't get to the size it is by letting the little guy get rich off their design. Wouldn't be surprised if they're "out of stock" due to the MoCo contacting them and threatening a long and costly lawsuit for copyright infringement issues.

Old 04-06-2011 | 09:14 AM
leicafish
Outstanding HDF Member

These guys are importers of knock off parts. I truely doubt there stuff is made here.

Hate to see crap like that because these types just put more American out of work.

Old 04-06-2011 | 01:07 PM
rerb95
|
Road Warrior

they ARE currently out of stock with more supposedly coming in the next few weeks. I know that knock off are never worth the money, but man that seems hard to pass up. Supposedly the sales guy said he is hoping the lock problem is going to get fixed in this next set of TP's. Yes, they only come in black, so I would have to have it painted.... but was hoping to find someone else that bought one to comment on the quality....

Old 04-07-2011 | 10:25 AM
bruce sg08
Road Captain

been looking for a used one for a while, but at the prices there going for your better off going with a new one. By the time its all said and done with paint, backrest, docking hardware you only save $200, and you have something that is questionable quality. Saving 200 isn't much if the bill is 12-1300, especially if you have go buy another because of quality.

Quick Reply: after market tour pack... any of you guys seen this one?