Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

after market tour pack... any of you guys seen this one?

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2012 | 11:52 AM
03RKPolice
1st Gear
Default A1 King Copy

I, like others searched this thread hoping for someone who bought one already. True the deal looks sweet.
I looked through the whole site, it appears that the web master/add writer doesn't do well with the English language, grammar sucks, and of course mine isn't much better... This tells me it’s foreign made. I considered calling the company to see if I had to press 1 for English or if I’d have to ask for a translator.
I noticed the "OUT OF STOCK" for reasons of pain issues so there must be more than one problem.
I did an extensive Google search trying to find information on reviews, 0 luck.
Bottom line, unless I see one up close and personal, mounted on a Harley, I'm not buying.
V/r
TBAR
One Team, One Fight, One Flag

Old 04-01-2012 | 12:09 PM
Bruce00
Extreme HDF Member

Originally Posted by bruce sg08
been looking for a used one for a while, but at the prices there going for your better off going with a new one. By the time its all said and done with paint, backrest, docking hardware you only save $200, and you have something that is questionable quality. Saving 200 isn't much if the bill is 12-1300, especially if you have go buy another because of quality.
true dat

Old 10-11-2013 | 02:08 PM
rattracer
Tourer
Default Ordered one

I spoke with the salesperson today, went ahead and ordered one. They were advertising one with "minor paint issues" for $285. He offered one from a new shipment with no paint issues for $40 more. he stated that the new ones had fixed the lock issue, and the bolt hole pattern on the bottom would match the Harley solo mounting bracket for my 13 Street Glide. They are supposed to ship it Tuesday, will let you know.

Old 10-11-2013 | 02:25 PM
TeeStu
Cruiser

Originally Posted by rattracer
I spoke with the salesperson today, went ahead and ordered one. They were advertising one with "minor paint issues" for $285. He offered one from a new shipment with no paint issues for $40 more. he stated that the new ones had fixed the lock issue, and the bolt hole pattern on the bottom would match the Harley solo mounting bracket for my 13 Street Glide. They are supposed to ship it Tuesday, will let you know.
Awaiting your review. Would like one for my 13SG.....

Old 10-17-2013 | 02:05 PM
rattracer
Tourer

Received it today. Item was packaged well, found no shipping damage. I can't post pics yet because I'm a newbie on this site. It does include a liner, very similar to the hog liners I put in my side bags. I am thinking about getting the hardware powder coated, the exposed bolt heads for the latch and restraint cable don't look like stainless. It does not have a mounting plate on the bottom as discussed in this thread. It comes gloss black, not an issue for me, that's my bike color. Next step is to order a mounting bracket that fits the quick detach on the bike, and a luggage rack for the top. I will probably pay the extra money and order those from Harley, the chrome on after market stuff is pretty unpredictable. Right now, I'd say this is a good value. Time will tell.