Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Is H.D. Quality in the tank, or ??

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2006 | 01:08 PM
ClinesSelect
Tourer
Default RE: Is H.D. Quality in the tank, or ??

ORIGINAL: Retired_Ted

Forums are terrible places to form opinions regarding issues with any product, including motorcycles. Imagine being an alien landing for the first time at a large hospital and wondering if earth isn't full of sick, dying people. People who don't have issues seldom write or even check into to these buckets of complaints. Personally, I wouldn't hesitate buying an '07 from a good dealer. Dealers are very aware of any potential problems and will usually go the extra mile to keep a good customer. Buy it and forget all the complaints - I'll bet you'll be back here telling everyone what a great bike the street glide is. It's probably my next bike.
Exactly.

I have 3700 miles on my SG and love it. Rode 300 miles yesterday after installing V&H Ovals/PCIII/Stage 1 and could not be any happier. Yes it runs hotter than my 2005 however that problem was caused by the EPA. There are plenty of roads here with a 75mph speed limit so the 6th gear sees plenty of work and there is a noticeable increase in power over my prior bikes, even without the performance upgrades.

Old 11-27-2006 | 01:39 AM
GliderXXX
Outstanding HDF Member

As a automotive maker, I still find HD to be at the very top of the quality game. I have never had any major problems with any Harley, witth the most miles logged before trading 75K. Take a look at the materials used vs some of the metrics...seriously. You get a well put together bike with kick *** quality parts that "feels" and "looks" worth the money spent in my book.

Old 11-27-2006 | 01:33 PM
IdaSpudSG
Outstanding HDF Member

GliderXXX, my feelings exactly. Love my 07 FLHX

Old 11-27-2006 | 01:56 PM
johnnyspeed
Cruiser

I have a 07 SG and would not trade it for the world, I have logged 5000 trouble free miles on her since the end of august, and i have fixed the issues that everyone else is having,
#1 the dreaded 5th gear whine , mine went away when i put some good gear oil in the transmission, install a good exhaust system and turned up the tunes,
#2 the funny noises coming from the primary, put it in the right gear and don't lug the engine and it wont clunk rattle or clink, im not trying p#ss any one off with this one but it is the only time mine makes noise.
just my 2cents

Old 11-27-2006 | 03:22 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

going on 2500 miles on my '07 Low Rider and no mechanical issues or strange noises to report.

Old 11-27-2006 | 03:23 PM
madurodave
Road Captain

I just got my new 07 RKC the week before Thanksgiving. I have only put on 350 miles, but here are my observations:

1. 5th gear whine - yup, its there. It does not bother me - sounds pretty cool, actually. Noticeable because the bike is VERY quiet in 2 - 4 and 5th.

2. No "rocks in can sound" (at least so far).

3. Heat issue - too cold outside in NH to tell!

4. Power - excellent, but breaking it in still!

5. Fit/finish - excelent!

I have to say I LOVE the bike. I will love it more in March when I get it out of storage with the following adds:

1. 110 SE kit

2. Rinehart TD exhaust

3. Touring saddle

4. Tour trunk

5. Security system/pager

I can't wait!

Old 11-27-2006 | 03:28 PM
TowJam
Road Warrior

3. Heat issue - too cold outside in NH to tell!
Ok, I'll amend my previous post... While I've had no unexpected mechanical or fit/finish issues with my Dyna, the engine heat resulting from the EPA-mandated lean tuning is troublesome - especially here in the south in summer stop and go traffic. In fact, I had stopped using my Dyna as a commuter to work during August and September. But I'm not holding Harley responsible - this is a side effect of an air cooled engine in a government regulated industry.