Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road Zeppelin Seat...Love it!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 02:44 PM
alstrud
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Road Zeppelin Seat...Love it!!!

Just wanted to share my thoughts on this seat...

After 3 years and my fourth seat, I have finally found the riding comfort that I didn't think was possible. I bought the Road Zeppelin seat recently and just got back from my first long ride with it. Over 13 hours in the saddle over 2 days and I could have kept right on going. Used to be that I could only ride for about an hour before my butt went to sleep and I had to stop. This time, nothing like that. I could ride until I actually HAD to stop for gas. I love that seat. I had just a little air in the front bladder and didn't have to change the settings again for the whole trip. It was an expensive seat, but worth every penny. Good thing I discovered it this early in the season...now I've got some longer trips to plan.

Old 04-04-2011, 03:20 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,374 Likes on 4,826 Posts

I had one on my 01 flht, amazing seat, ton-o-money fur sure, but it was like riding in a lazy boy recliner! it was kinda fat too, but you could ride forever!!

Old 04-04-2011, 04:11 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Been gittin a lot of crap cause I want a new seat. Borrowed a buddy's Sundowner Seat.
Its a nice seat and a better riding position than the stock seat but kinda hard.
The OL was complainin about it.
Glad you made the post about the Road Zepplin seat. I had been lookin at in in their catalog.
Wonder if they will let you try it out.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:42 PM
alstrud
Advanced
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was visiting Florida and rented a bike from Orlando HD. After talking with Steve in parts, found out they had one in stock so I asked if they could throw it on. At first, they didn't want to, but eventually, they did (I think they wanted to try out the seat too) and when I returned the bike, I bought the seat. It doesn't hurt to ask...

Old 04-04-2011, 11:25 PM
ripper43
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had the RZ on my last 2 bikes and other than the look, they are by far the very best seat I have ever had. I've had just about all of them. Mustang, Corbin, HD Hammock, Sundowner, Road Sofa and the list goes on. The RZ blows them all away.

Old 04-04-2011, 11:57 PM
myred55
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Have one on my Ultra for about two years now, expensive but worth every penny!

Old 04-24-2011, 04:02 PM
TBryan
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am looking at purchasing a new seat and get away from the stock seat that came with my 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. My reach is comfortable with the stock seat and shopping for a better seat. Does the Road Zeppelin raise the heigth of the ride or does the heigth remain the same as a stock seat?

Last edited by TBryan; 04-24-2011 at 04:06 PM.
Old 04-24-2011, 04:15 PM
RalphDBS
Cruiser

Very interesting

Old 04-24-2011, 04:24 PM
cardboard
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by TBryan
I am looking at purchasing a new seat and get away from the stock seat that came with my 2010 Electra Glide Ultra Limited. My reach is comfortable with the stock seat and shopping for a better seat. Does the Road Zeppelin raise the heigth of the ride or does the heigth remain the same as a stock seat?
Went to the HD dealer and got a Road Zepplein seat. Took it out and put it on my 2011 Limited. The seat is SUPER Wide. Shocked me.
It was comfortable to both me and the OL
Problem is its so wide I can't git my feet as far back on the ground cause my legs are stuck out wider.
I took it back in and said I will have to think about something else.

Old 04-24-2011, 06:39 PM
JS999R
Cruiser

Looks like a 5 star seat for comfort, man its expensive but its a case you get what you pay for. Nothing worst than being uncomfortable on a long ride, takes the fun out of it. Too bad it didn't fit the above poster, he probably would have loved it too. Looks like I'll have to fatten up the piggy bank!

Quick Reply: Road Zeppelin Seat...Love it!!!