Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

2010 exhaust question

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 08:39 PM
cvoultrahunter
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can deal with loud as long as it's not scream'n like a tin can. Deep and loud is just fine by me. Thinking of the wrapped perforated baffle which according to D & D has no impact on the performance, just quiets down some of the noisy sound. Assuming they mean it sort of filters out any tinny sound.

Old 04-04-2011, 09:16 PM
arealinvestor
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by streetglide_medic
So I finally saved up some money and was ready to pull the trigger on the jack pot 2 into 1 head pipe from fuel moto only to call and find out it has been discontuned. So now my hunt must begin for a set of head pipes and looking for some input, I already have the K&N air filter and the screamin eagle slip on muffler so all i need is the pipe with out that damb CAT in there.

Thanks for the help!
D&D Fatcat is the answer!!!

Old 04-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Air Force
Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

V&H power duals...

Old 04-04-2011, 10:20 PM
fabrik8r
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 31 Likes on 21 Posts

Jamie did post not too long ago that they would be releasing a complete 2:1 system, the difference is the head pipe would have 2 1/2" or 65mm collector, coupled with their own muffler, you might call back and ask about that one. It does suck that they stopped making it cause it was an awesome headpipe, but thats business; it only came on two models for one year, I'm sure their energy is better spent on the 2:1:2 headpipe.

Old 04-05-2011, 08:30 AM
'05Train
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 883 Likes on 439 Posts

Originally Posted by cvoultrahunter
I can deal with loud as long as it's not scream'n like a tin can. Deep and loud is just fine by me. Thinking of the wrapped perforated baffle which according to D & D has no impact on the performance, just quiets down some of the noisy sound. Assuming they mean it sort of filters out any tinny sound.
I have a wrapped perforated baffle in my Fatcat. When it was new it wasn't too loud, but over the course of 6 months and 14,000 or so miles, I blew enough of the packing out that it got really loud. I've re-wrapped the baffle with a custom packing from Bristol Core, and it's about where it was when it was new, but the tone's a bit lower. If it's still too loud on my trips this year, I may try replacing the muffler with one of the Supertrapp universal mufflers.

Fatcats make great power and look good, but they're a bit too loud for a touring pipe.

Last edited by '05Train; 04-05-2011 at 08:38 AM.
Old 04-05-2011, 08:52 AM
donutsrd
Cruiser
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

my 2 cents= supertrapp super meg tuneable exhaust,can be set up for curent build and can be adjusted to fit ur needs in the future if ur build should change

Old 04-05-2011, 11:23 AM
streetglide_medic
4th Gear

Originally Posted by fabrik8r
Jamie did post not too long ago that they would be releasing a complete 2:1 system, the difference is the head pipe would have 2 1/2" or 65mm collector, coupled with their own muffler, you might call back and ask about that one. It does suck that they stopped making it cause it was an awesome headpipe, but thats business; it only came on two models for one year, I'm sure their energy is better spent on the 2:1:2 headpipe.
Ya Jamie did mention that they are coming out with another system later this summer but you know how it is when get you mind set on getting something on your bike! Plus the riding season here in Canada is so short that I wanted to get them on in the spring.

Old 05-29-2011, 08:51 AM
03 Softail
Cruiser

I may have a set of Fuel Motto Jackpot headpipes for sale shortly. I'm looking at going
with duel headpipes, if I do I would be selling the jackpot headpipes, they are on a 2010
H.D. Tri Glide.
These pipes have less that a 1000 miles on them and are in great shape.
looking at this next week to purchase duel headpipes and making the change over next
weekend.
will post.

Old 05-29-2011, 09:53 AM
flhxkiller
Road Warrior
Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

that's too bad as I really like my Jackpot 2/1 also, run it with a SE Nightstick that keeps it quiet yet gets good numbers on the dyno. The only problem I've had is blueing on the Nightstick after the dyno tune, thinking of changing to a black Nightstick/and heat shields now that it's been tuned and saving the old Nightstick in case it needs to go on the dyno again in the future.

Attached Thumbnails 2010 exhaust question-fall-2010-ride-001.jpg  
Old 05-29-2011, 11:11 AM
hewettd
Stage I

Can someone tell me the pros and cons of removing the cat on a 2010 ultra
Is it worth doing and would you recommend it

Quick Reply: 2010 exhaust question