Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush True Duals or V&H Dresser Duals

Search this Thread

Old 04-04-2011, 10:02 AM
BIGGUY
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rush True Duals or V&H Dresser Duals

What are the pros and cons of these two headpipes? Can't make up my mined on which one to use on my 2010 SG. How does the quality, looks, fit, sound, etc. compair? I'm going to use CFR slip ons. Thank for the help.

Old 04-04-2011, 10:52 AM
MrHog
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I do not have a '10 or the Rush true duals, but I would have to say the Rush duals. I have been looking into getting a set for my '05. They have the ceramic coating on the inside and the outside. The benefit to that is cooler motor and exhaust temps which would lead to a more effecient motor IMO. I have the Bub true duals that are non ceramic coated and they get hot as do any other non ceramic coated pipe. I would think the V&Hs would be the same unless they have a ceramic pipe. Most do if you run black, but I noticed that Rush offers the chrome heatshields on their ceramic headers. Just my .02

Old 04-04-2011, 06:39 PM
BIGGUY
Advanced

I think both would be a good choice. But leaning toward Rush because of the ceramic coating.

Old 04-04-2011, 07:50 PM
tincup64
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i didnt look at rush. just put on the dresser duals last night on my 10 limited. fit and finish was perfect. they really have the specs down pat. no issues with installation and chrome is first class.

tin

Old 04-04-2011, 08:05 PM
Tripleshot
Tourer

Originally Posted by tincup64
i didnt look at rush. just put on the dresser duals last night on my 10 limited. fit and finish was perfect. they really have the specs down pat. no issues with installation and chrome is first class.

tin
Agreed. mine were an easy install too with the instruction sheet they furnished.

Old 04-05-2011, 02:15 PM
BIGGUY
Advanced

Not many people running the Rush duals

Old 04-05-2011, 02:41 PM
isac
Road Master

Another vote for V&H Dresser Duals , A top notch product.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:13 AM
BIGGUY
Advanced

The V&H look like they dont hang down as much.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:42 AM
2WheelGlider
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If cornering clearance is important to you, then look for the one that hangs down less. I put the V&H Power Duals on and although I really like the look, they hang down lower than anything else on the right side and really limit my corner when in the mountains going around right hand turns.

Old 04-06-2011, 06:57 AM
missile
Tourer

I posted this same question a couple of weeks ago. I decided to go with Dragobike works (Frank). Look him up he is a sponsor on here. His pipes are designed by him for him but manufactored by Rush. They are the same ceramic coat and powder coat/ Chrome as Rush. Frank is a real nice guy give him a call. I haven't received my pipes yet there was some quality control issues on the last batch. I like the ideal of American made (Rush and Dragobike) vrs V&H (oversees)

Quick Reply: Rush True Duals or V&H Dresser Duals