Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2016, 08:23 AM
BigUglyMan
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

I just added 16" WO509's and extended cables to my Road King.
Name:  6E061B82-1C34-4EB3-A15D-1757EE57554B_zpstqkz490o.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  166.0 KB

Old 07-07-2016, 09:42 AM
GaryLC
Tourer

Received 248 Likes on 132 Posts

I installed a set of Big Boyz ported heads, and a new S&S powertune dual exhaust pipe. They play very well together with the Andrews 57H cams in my 103". It has very good street manners now.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:52 AM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Swapped out my pin striped side panels with vivid black panels to match my extended bags.

Name:  E38F8D39-6D2A-4321-BF9A-BD47B5964CE5_zpsj3f2fxpe.jpg
Views: 168
Size:  181.9 KB

Old 07-07-2016, 12:29 PM
GRWHD
Road Warrior
Received 256 Likes on 207 Posts

Custom seat from Rich’s, first off the guy does amazing work (knows what he is doing).
Great fitting seat, I can flat foot it with a little extra room and seat fits like a glove.
Called and talked them about my seat and height issues, was told about some issues I would have up front but assured they could work withwhat I had with just a new pan.
With all that supposedly worked out scheduled an appointment. Arrived a few minutes early and the place was hopping (this is mid-weekmind you).
Met some real nice folks.
A little slow getting started but we gotrolling. When I set up the appointment they said I should be all done by 2. So we get started and boom nope this won’t work and we have this other problem…..so we came up with a work around (more $$$). So they get rolling and then they come buy and ask about upgrading material. Man they have some nice leather($$$...)
I just bought the bike a week ago and not in the budget so no thanks(still need tires). This is right after the forth so the shop is getting backfrom a long weekend.
Did I mention the shop was busy, full of lots of nicebikes, a few cars and recliner. J
So they get the seat to fit my@$$ and I take the raw foam seat for a ride, nice fit. I come back and a few more minor tweaks and the gel and foam over the top.
Then its back to the cover and ya it has to be adjusted (more $$$).
Sense they had to sew the panelanyway I asked to have leather under my @$$ (breaths better) and with theleather they used it looks right at home.
Can’t tell buy looking at it, but youcan feel the difference.
That gets all done and we look over the bike and madean adjustment to the front cruise pegs.
Then its off to pay the bill, I wasasked if I wanted to sit down.
Dang blown budget is an under statement. Double the original estimate (with only one minor upgrade).
Would I do it again…..depends.
Right after buying a new (tome) bike NO (but it was this or lowering the suspension).
After I got over buying abike and had at least double the estimate in my pocket and needed the seat workdone for comfort or to fit the bike yes (he/they do great work, but $$$).
I prefer to pay cash for all the work I do (I had 150% of the original bid in mypocket, had to use my CC as it was not enough).
I was planning on my nextbike being a Ultra Low it fits me about the same as this bike fits me afterthe seat work.
But then I was told this seat will fit the new Ultra/Ultra Low,so maybe I can just get a normal Ultra and just put this seat on it.
I also came home with my old seat.

But this seat makes my 09 fit me like the Ultra Low does.
Once I was done I just made the 3:30 ferry back.

Last edited by GRWHD; 07-07-2016 at 12:37 PM.
Old 07-07-2016, 08:51 PM
Second Wind
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
I guess kinda like the feeling of forwards, without being forwardly mounted. Who makes it?
The arm is Accutronix and peg is Trask V-Line. Both come in different flavors for your taste.

And you can position the arm to your liking.

Old 07-07-2016, 08:53 PM
Second Wind
Tourer
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by cdmcallister
My guess would be Ness.
Ness has some Bad A$$ ones but none I liked for my model. There about double for what I paid for my set up.

Old 07-07-2016, 09:18 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Second Wind
The arm is Accutronix and peg is Trask V-Line. Both come in different flavors for your taste.

And you can position the arm to your liking.
Thanks for the info and responding. tp dd50

Old 07-08-2016, 03:31 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Polished wheels. Went for a ride. Got caught in a summer shower... Parked scoot, came inside and turned on AXS TV and am watching one of my favorite all time great guitarists....Jeff Beck in concert in Tokyo. Now that I'm pumped up, hope rain stops.....

Old 07-08-2016, 04:57 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
am watching one of my favorite all time great guitarists....Jeff Beck in concert in Tokyo. Now that I'm pumped up, hope rain stops.....
That is a great concert. Personally I enjoy the Ronnie Scott's 2007 concert, with Vennie and Tal. Video on youtube has been removed...Shoot. Here's an audio cut. It was on TV last week and I DVR'ed it....

Last edited by dirtdreamer50; 07-08-2016 at 05:00 PM.
The following users liked this post:
Hate Work (07-08-2016)
Old 07-08-2016, 09:00 PM
Visionary
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Installed my dresser duals and thanks to the monthly safety rewards I get at work I was able to order a V&H FP3 which will be here Tuesday.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?