Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2016, 12:55 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

Normally 75% of value is about as far as the insurance company goes, before totalling. Had a beautiful '96 F150 a neighbor hit, while drunk. Was to be repaired until they found the frame bent, then they totaled it. I pushed the company to give me almost two grand more than they wanted, because it was in perfect condition before being hit.

Being your policy, not sure how much you can push, but mine was paid for by my policy, as I had Uninsured Motorist Coverage, and I wasn't going to let my own company screw me.

Good luck, and push for a thorough exam of the frame/swingarm, that should surely total it, if bad.

Old 06-08-2016, 01:20 PM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Normally 75% of value is about as far as the insurance company goes, before totalling. Had a beautiful '96 F150 a neighbor hit, while drunk. Was to be repaired until they found the frame bent, then they totaled it. I pushed the company to give me almost two grand more than they wanted, because it was in perfect condition before being hit.

Being your policy, not sure how much you can push, but mine was paid for by my policy, as I had Uninsured Motorist Coverage, and I wasn't going to let my own company screw me.

Good luck, and push for a thorough exam of the frame/swingarm, that should surely total it, if bad.
In the original estimate, they have the frame being replaced because the engine guard mounting tab ripped free of the frame. It's just bizarre that they would do so much. I should know something in an hour or two.

Old 06-08-2016, 02:56 PM
crazytown
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 551 Likes on 321 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaye H

The repair list is unreal:

frame
2 extended saddle bags w/ cvo speaker lids
gas tank
front fairing
inner fairing
Yaffe mini apes
2 lower fairings
speaker pods for lower fairings
Daymaker light
saddle bag supports
kick stand
both slip ons
engine crash bar
highway pegs
spoked front wheel
rear tire
front tire
rear fender
rear fender extension with the tri bar light

Like only the engine, transmission, and side panels made it. Surely this sucker is totaled. It's a 2013.
Geez, you would think the cost of the Daymaker would be enough for them to total it. (haha)

The following users liked this post:
notch'd '90 (06-09-2016)
Old 06-08-2016, 03:28 PM
Taxman
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by crazytown
Geez, you would think the cost of the Daymaker would be enough for them to total it. (haha)
LOL yeah man no doubt.

Old 06-08-2016, 05:50 PM
Pgh-mike
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Found a cool use for my old high beam switch cover....I knew I saved this for a reason

Old 06-08-2016, 06:13 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Wonder how old one has to be to even know what that was designed to do. My first car, a '55 Plymouth, could have used that. Cool, thinking out of the box. How is it attached to the jiffy stand?

Old 06-08-2016, 06:28 PM
Pgh-mike
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wonder how old one has to be to even know what that was designed to do. My first car, a '55 Plymouth, could have used that. Cool, thinking out of the box. How is it attached to the jiffy stand?
I ground the bottom of foot flat then used a marker to see where it rested on jiffy stand "foot"without touching ground,only jiffy stand is touching the ground. Mixed up some J B Weld and there ya go.

Old 06-08-2016, 06:40 PM
dirtdreamer50
Elite HDF Member

Originally Posted by Pgh-mike
I ground the bottom of foot flat then used a marker to see where it rested on jiffy stand "foot"without touching ground,only jiffy stand is touching the ground. Mixed up some J B Weld and there ya go.
Kinda figured JB Weld was involved somehow. Thanks. tp

Old 06-08-2016, 07:55 PM
howitzer88
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Kinda figured JB Weld was involved somehow. Thanks. tp
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Barefoot-Bar...xWKPdB&vxp=mtr

Old 06-08-2016, 10:04 PM
GregGillette
Road Master
Received 247 Likes on 174 Posts

Put smoke turn signal covers on front and blocked off the run line of the 1157a bulb. This way it only is on when turn signal is activated. State law in Illinois is 2 marker lights on the front, my fogs got this covered as I run with them always on as grabs attention. Didnt like the ORANGE of fender tip light and signals. Looks good and unique

Last edited by GregGillette; 06-08-2016 at 10:21 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?