Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 01:17 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior
Received 23 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Mike, If it's like most leather covered seats, it takes break in time to form to your posterior. Had the same situation with a Corbin once. Give it a while to get to know you. Have always heard great things about Mustangs. tp
Will do.......Thanks

Old 05-21-2016, 02:04 AM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by shooter5074
This is the kind of light output I'm going for!!

Originally Posted by dirtdreamer50
Mike, If it's like most leather covered seats, it takes break in time to form to your posterior. Had the same situation with a Corbin once. Give it a while to get to know you. Have always heard great things about Mustangs. tp
Agreed. Mustang was by far the best seat I've ever had. I'm actually getting my pennies together to get a custom Mustang seat done up now. I will stand behind their product and their customer service.

The following users liked this post:
Tall Mike (05-21-2016)
Old 05-21-2016, 08:26 AM
Bart_F350
Intermediate
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My steed got a sleep over at a friend's house while he took the front wheel to work (Harley dealer) for a new front tire. We also installed a new Hammock seat, complete lub change.

Old 05-21-2016, 09:26 AM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by terryrh
Agreed. Mustang was by far the best seat I've ever had. I'm actually getting my pennies together to get a custom Mustang seat done up now. I will stand behind their product and their customer service.
Mine was a production model from Revzilla not a full on custom, maybe thats where I went wrong..

It is way better than the stocker so I'll still call it a win.

Old 05-21-2016, 02:00 PM
patriot2500
Road Master
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Got a Mustang seat for it.

Old 05-21-2016, 04:59 PM
Tall Mike
Road Warrior

Battery was acting a little weak, Finger Lakes HD tested it, and replaced under warranty..

good people at Finger Lakes HD

Then I rode home in the rain.....good times

Old 05-21-2016, 05:34 PM
Attono
6th Gear
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Installed a Kuryakyn power outlet on the handlebars so I can rig the battery tender to it easier as well as being able to plug in a cell phone so I can use it for GPS.

Old 05-21-2016, 05:55 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Changed battery today and also took picture of front lighting. I have now ridden over 200 miles in mostly suburban traffic and have to say, adding the Custom Dynamics Amber-Running TruFlex lights has added improved visibility as I have had a noticeable difference in cagers pulling out in front of me. I am not sure I totally like the look, but love the results!

Old 05-21-2016, 10:24 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Tall Mike
Battery was acting a little weak, Finger Lakes HD tested it, and replaced under warranty..

good people at Finger Lakes HD

Then I rode home in the rain.....good times
Not quite sure why Harley's batteries are failing so much for these Rushmore models. My previous and other's bikes all lasted years before needing replacement. I have already had mine replaced once (under warranty) and may need another. I don't have enough gadgets to be draining my battery that quickly - and its garage kept. Battery was changed at about 22k. Now have a little over 27k. This is from Feb 2014 to now.

Old 05-22-2016, 03:57 AM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by terryrh
Not quite sure why Harley's batteries are failing so much for these Rushmore models. My previous and other's bikes all lasted years before needing replacement. I have already had mine replaced once (under warranty) and may need another. I don't have enough gadgets to be draining my battery that quickly - and its garage kept. Battery was changed at about 22k. Now have a little over 27k. This is from Feb 2014 to now.
With so much electrical drain even while shut off, it is no wonder batteries get taxed. Mine went from performing flawlessly to not even being able to turn the bike over in a week. That is with a battery tender, mind you. Someone may know how many amps are being used while the bike sits. Just bought a Deka 400A (ETX30L) from the local battery warehouse. Let's hope we get a few years out of it.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?