Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2016, 06:18 PM
Womack
Tourer
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

My lower forks are now black.
Womack

Old 02-16-2016, 08:42 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by xmen9c
I hear ya..
Good luck with the college stuff. My youngest is a year away. Post Pics when you acquire the RG!
thanks Xmen it might take a while

Old 02-16-2016, 08:47 PM
ultra_classic
Club Member
Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

so far Installed Chromed front lowers,Front brake pads, changed fluids, adjusted clutch, waxed & touch up paint chips, repaired inner fairing bracket [cracked] installing BT 6.5", Sony Deck, Sound stream 1000D amp

Old 02-17-2016, 12:47 AM
CryingJoker
Road Master
Received 277 Likes on 153 Posts

I started mock up with my new west coast t bars and rush wrath exhaust. Can't wait for a day off so I can hopefully finish and enjoy it.

Old 02-17-2016, 01:00 AM
crazytown
Road Master
Veteran: Army
Received 551 Likes on 321 Posts
Default Triple-Tree deflector, trim rings, passing lamp rewire

Today I received and install the triple tree wind deflector (Kuryakyn 1100 Lower Triple Tree Wind Deflector), and installed new trim rings on the passing lamps, with visors.

Yesterday, I rewired the passing lamps to the fender light power source, so now the passing lamps stay on when I switch the headlight to bright.

I found a connector in the wiring stuff, and couldn't figure out what it is for. I couldn't find it referenced on the SM wiring schematic either. Granted, my schematic reading is not what it used to be. Any ideas what this connector is for?

Old 02-17-2016, 06:33 AM
notch'd '90
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by xmen9c
LOL... I knew that was coming. I don't disagree. SGs are prettier for sure. I've had one of each and all things considered, the RG was the better bike though it was an SE and a 2012 vs my 2006 SG, which I loved and traded for the RG.

The RG though got too much attn for my taste. Wasn't comfy with my 40k "motorcycle" being poked and prodded everywhere it went. So I moved into what I feel is a better representation of my traditional likes in a bike (a 2003 RKC). Within a year a had to move back into the post-2008 Touring bikes to get the bigger frame, motor and gas tank. So I traded the 03 for a 2013 RKC which I have now. Couldn't be happier. Love the dress up/dress down ability of the RKC and the traditional style is a winner now, 50 years ago and likely 50 years from now, IMO.

Be safe whatever you ride.
Very true. A friend of mine has a '15 RGS and I a '14 SG. The lighter handlebars are very nice on the RG compared to my SG. Your sold bike is beautiful, and I'd be surprised if you aren't getting just as much attention with your RKC!

Old 02-17-2016, 07:19 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by notch'd '90
Very true. A friend of mine has a '15 RGS and I a '14 SG. The lighter handlebars are very nice on the RG compared to my SG. Your sold bike is beautiful, and I'd be surprised if you aren't getting just as much attention with your RKC!
Thanks! It does get some looks and comments but it's not 40k!

Old 02-17-2016, 09:25 AM
Heavy71Chevy
Novice
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my new SGS in November, and immediately started making plans. I haven't done all this work today haha, but over the last couple weekends I have been all over this bike. Blacked out the signal lights and put led's; rear fender supports; plate holder; transmission and cam covers; narrow profile primary and derby covers; V&H pro pipe; Figure Machine USA air cleaner with a PM servo cover; SERT with a dyno tune. This bike rips now! And sounds awesome in my opinion. I think that's all for now haha until next time . . . Keep up the good work everyone! And thanks for all the inspiration and advice.

Old 02-17-2016, 10:33 AM
raggmann
Tourer
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by crazytown
I found a connector in the wiring stuff, and couldn't figure out what it is for. I couldn't find it referenced on the SM wiring schematic either. Granted, my schematic reading is not what it used to be. Any ideas what this connector is for?

There was a plug like that just inside the left front edge of the tank on my '09 Deluxe. Being the Deluxe and Heritage's use the same wiring harness, it was for the front fender lamp on the heritage. I used it to power my driving lamps to have them stay on when I switched to hi beam. Probably the same plug on a touring model would be my guess.

Old 02-17-2016, 03:38 PM
SeanG
Cruiser
Received 42 Likes on 19 Posts

Installed new shifter pegs dropped in some LED bulbs.

Low beam

25 feet away

The pegs match my grips

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?