Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2015, 07:15 PM
smitty901
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Army
Received 10,349 Likes on 5,493 Posts

Rode it 27 degrees and clear roads.

Old 12-20-2015, 12:10 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts
Default New horns that are road worthy

Installed new high and low tone Fiamm Freeway Blasters with relay. I had the low tone but it wasn't much different than stock. Added the relay under the horn cover and mounted the two horns on the frame's front neck. The horns with the relay are easily twice as loud not sending amps through the switch.

Now I have something to offer back when I get cut off.

Old 12-20-2015, 11:28 PM
terryrh
Elite HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by jay.weber
I had my local indy (MPH in Peninsula, OH) intall the Harley chrome front forks kit, Legends Axeo front suspension, replaced SERT with PCV, installed V&H power duals from oem with cats, NGK spark plugs, elimnated the O2 sensors and did a custom dyno tune. Increased from 84 hp/ 98 tq to 93 & 103. This bike runs like a bat out of hell! Solved all of my pinging issues (at least on the ride home which was 30 mins). What a difference from oem front suspension to Legends! Bike is complete!

You have got to give some details on those front shocks. After changing my rear to Super Shox, the weaknessesof the front have been amplified. Was looking at going with Progressive, but these are intriguing. Can't find many customer reviews though.

Old 12-21-2015, 08:42 AM
xmen9c
Road Master
Received 242 Likes on 133 Posts

Originally Posted by terryrh
You have got to give some details on those front shocks. After changing my rear to Super Shox, the weaknessesof the front have been amplified. Was looking at going with Progressive, but these are intriguing. Can't find many customer reviews though.
Dunno about customer reviews but they are 3x as much as Progressive. The difference to me, if there is one, isn't worth another $500. I have Progressive's in my 2013 RKC and my 2008 Deluxe and had them in my 2012 SE RG. No complaints here and they were roughly $250 for each bike.

Old 12-21-2015, 09:33 AM
Scooterbear
Intermediate
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2013 Ultra Classic Top End, Too Soon!

After suffering the dreaded "pinging" at 10k miles on my 2013 Ultra Classic (due to carbon build up from sucking oil from the crankcase vent of a poorly designed HD Stage 1 air cleaner), I decided to complete a top end rebuild and make a few modifications.

To go along with the Fuel Moto 2/1/2 Head Pipe, Dyno Tuned mufflers, and PV I already had, I completed the following;
1. Added Target Tune
2. FM Level B heads
3. TW 555 cams/lifters and adjustable push rods from FM.
4. Installed new pistons/rings (Std).
5. Installed a crankcase re-route kit from DK Customs. (Drilled the HD Stage 1 air cleaner and plugged the "venturi" holes which were sucking oil.)
6. Installed Rocker Lockers I purchased from DK Customs.

The Cylinders were OK and still had the original hone showing for the most part. I did hone it again to allow for break in of the new rings.

Completed all of this late yesterday afternoon and fired it up. I must say going from a stock 103 Cam to the TW-555 and Level B heads really woke the old girl up. Unfortunately the weather in MS will be wet for the next 2 weeks but I can't wait to complete break-in, and spring to come!

Old 12-21-2015, 12:39 PM
bikehunter
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Lower leg shield mounts

Bought some leg shields for the RK on Fleabay for a small sum of money. But no clamps or those pissy P clips they normally supply.
So I made these,.

Old 12-21-2015, 04:47 PM
notch'd '90
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Removed the UGLY horn HD puts on these $20K+ bikes. Bought a low profile round one made for a Sporty or something (+-$30) and rerouted/extended the stock wires under the tank, to the front of the frame.

If you ask me, this cleans up the bike so much without the monstrosity they call a "horn cover" on there. Why not just make the horn look nice in the first place instead of covering it up?

Old 12-21-2015, 05:22 PM
Hate Work
Road Warrior
Received 158 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by notch'd '90
Removed the UGLY horn HD puts on these $20K+ bikes. Bought a low profile round one made for a Sporty or something (+-$30) and rerouted/extended the stock wires under the tank, to the front of the frame.

If you ask me, this cleans up the bike so much without the monstrosity they call a "horn cover" on there. Why not just make the horn look nice in the first place instead of covering it up?
I never understood the location of the OEM horn or how crappy it is. Your bike looks very clean. Nice.

Old 12-22-2015, 07:07 AM
bikehunter
Tourer
Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Bat wing fairing arrived by post last night. Had a chance to try and fit it.
Came with the mounting brackets and small screen. Once I took off the sharp edges form the kit and bent the mounting plates a little it went straight on.
Now will have to look for the radio and speakers.

New leg and batwing fairings

Nice finish to the Fairing

Wonder if the bars are too long now?

Leg Shields on and reading for winter to break

Old 12-22-2015, 12:54 PM
notch'd '90
Advanced
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hate Work
I never understood the location of the OEM horn or how crappy it is. Your bike looks very clean. Nice.
Thanks! I have always hated it and when I saw another guy post his relocation on the forum I jumped at the chance.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?