Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2011, 11:42 PM
Califonia Bagger
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today I watched my street glide go up in flames. Or should I say I watched my painter tape my SG and prepair it for red candy apple real flames. It is getting close.... 2 more weeks and we put it all together...

Name:  3.jpg
Views: 185
Size:  57.6 KB

Name:  UnderConstruction.jpg
Views: 170
Size:  59.0 KB

Name:  18.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  48.8 KB

Name:  Rear8.jpg
Views: 161
Size:  39.4 KB

Name:  21323EB0-orig.jpg
Views: 195
Size:  56.9 KB

Name:  CAA5C51C-orig.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  17.3 KBName:  15657760-orig.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  22.1 KB

Old 07-01-2011, 01:00 AM
leeinmemphis
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Today I came home and stripped all of the exhaust and intake off of the bike in anticipation of the exhaust/intake/pc5 that shows to be delivered tomorrow.

Old 07-01-2011, 01:08 AM
VTwinPulse
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Picked her up brand new from the dealer. Rode around town for awhile. Took some pics of her near the beach and posted them on hdforums.

Old 07-01-2011, 02:28 PM
Bobkat
Advanced

I put the Harley oil cooler on a couple of months ago and it leaked because the crappy clamps on the hoses loosened up. The hoses leaked and I spent way too much time fiddling with the junky stuff. I then got new hoses and stainless clamps and it works great now!

Old 07-01-2011, 05:14 PM
Twrguy
Cruiser
Default New pipes installed this morning!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfGbXx-LR8o

Old 07-01-2011, 06:01 PM
D2R
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just got back from a 2 wk. 6100 mi,24 state trip.So changed my oil and getting ready to hose the bugs and grime off so I can head up to Red Lodge Mt. by way of Chief Joseph Highway,and Bear Tooth Pass in the am.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:02 PM
Rhetor
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Put on the floorboard extensions (CVO kit) from Harley Goodies . . . wow! Did not know 1" would make such a wonderful difference! (I know what you are thinking . . . stop yourself!) Love the extensions.

Also, pulled my own 5k service today! (Yes, it is an 8 year old SERK, but I bought it with 3700 miles on it two summers ago, and just now getting the chance to tweak it. Having fun with it too!!) Pretty fun and satisfying . . . and cheaper than the cost at the dealership on there service board when I was buying the parts and oil. I, of course, had no warranty left . . . so just followed the manual . . . saved me some headaches too . . . found some loose screws and bolts . . . tightened up those tensioner shoes . . . looks like virtually no wear on them.

I probably would not have tried the 5K if I was still under warranty . . . but, nothing ventured, nothing . . ."

I am going to check out putting a cam in it now. Really, what could I possibly mess up? Not going to migrate to the newer tensioner system until I hit 25K . . . so, thought I would try dropping in a CAM myself . . . if I mess up, then I will say, "Uh, oh," put it on the trailer, then pay my friendly dealer to do the install! :-)

Thanks to this forum, I am learning to do my own work.!

Last edited by Rhetor; 07-01-2011 at 06:10 PM.
Old 07-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Guitar4Him
I rode mine with my wife on the back from Franklin, NC to Maggie Valley (about 60 miles) and went to the Wheels Through Time Museum. We had to hang out there for several hours waiting out a rainstorm (how terrible). Later we rode back to Franklin for a late lunch. After eating, we got back on and rode the Franklin - Wayah Road - Hwy 28 - Franklin loop (some of the best curvy roads you'll ever find).

BTW...while at the museum, Dale was in his usual format...going around telling us all kinds of tales about the various vintage bikes. He cranked a bunch of them up and rode some around the museum. Can you imagine...after riding in on a 2011 Ultra Classic, I got to see and hear bikes run that were almost 100 years old....now that's a good day!
That IS a good day.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:04 PM
Brukus Motorcycle Parts
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by D2R
Just got back from a 2 wk. 6100 mi,24 state trip.So changed my oil and getting ready to hose the bugs and grime off so I can head up to Red Lodge Mt. by way of Chief Joseph Highway,and Bear Tooth Pass in the am.
Not too proud to say I'm jealous.

Old 07-01-2011, 06:16 PM
WGGramps
Novice
Default New exhaust today

Installed my new V & H Dresser Duals, Twin slash Rounds, A/C and Power Vision. Talk about coming alive. That 103 gained a little power and sounds good.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?