Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Went over to a buddy's house and together we tuned the J&M in-fairing CB antenna and a separate CB antenna on the Ultra detachable tour pak.

The J&M antenna required a little shortening to get SWR of 1.0 on channel 1 and 1.5 on channel 40. I'm thinking the cable for the tour pak antenna is crimped/damaged because SWR barely moved from slightly above 3.0 despite removing several inches of the whip antenna's length.

Carl

Old 06-18-2011, 01:16 AM
El Rey
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Got a new rear engraved wide whitewall installed today.

Old 06-18-2011, 02:57 AM
brohoss
Tourer
Veteran: Navy
Received 61 Likes on 42 Posts

installed highway pegs today

Old 06-18-2011, 08:23 AM
m361
Tourer
Received 22 Likes on 3 Posts

Installed (yesterday) my new-to-me EZ up Wheeldock that I bought from a forum member. Super easy install (about 10 minutes) and great quality product.

Old 06-18-2011, 09:21 AM
The Q
Road Warrior
Received 58 Likes on 47 Posts

Got a super deal ($204) on a brand new, never installed 2008 FLHX Riders Essentials’ Kit off ebay last week and it arrived yesterday. I installed the Stealth luggage rack and backrest last night. Sure adds a lot of chrome to the rear of the bike.

Old 06-18-2011, 10:29 AM
joefriday
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Added a 12 volt power port to the hard bags for when i have the tour pack off. Its for charging the phone. Ran wires through one of the clips for removing the side bags. Has plug to unplug. No holes through the bags. Cut just a little off the rubber insert to fit the wires through. Wired to ACC under seat.

Old 06-18-2011, 11:52 AM
SH_01FXDWG
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, it was yesterday, picked up bike from dealer after having service work done. Put 1" rear lowering kit back on. Installed Harley Goodies floor board extensions. Installed HD chrome floating rotors, and detailed the bike.

Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your bagger today?-photo.jpg  
Old 06-18-2011, 11:59 AM
rlhdude
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just received my J&S motorcycle jack. Very nice and very stable!!!

Old 06-21-2011, 03:16 PM
SunCruise
Road Captain
Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Red face Update

Originally Posted by SunCruise
Today I pulled the standard baffles out of my V&H 3"slip-ons and put in the Quiet Baffles. Removal was easy...with a rubber matt on the concrete floor, I tapped the muff on the floor 'till the baffle was even with the end of the pipe.
Next I took the little screw and put it in the (welded in nut inside) inside of the baffle and then using a box wrench tugged on the screw and the baffle slid out. When I cleaned the inside with a little carb cleaner I noticed how cold the metal got...hmmm. Let that warm up and sprayed the end of the new baffle with it so it would contract even the slightest bit. Worked like a charm. Tucking in the fiberglass cloth with a thin screwdriver as I worked it in and a few taps of the rubber hammer. Before finally making ends flush I used a monkey wrench to twist (fine tune)the baffle making sure the screw hole would line up once I pushed the baffle in the rest of the way. Using large bolt (like a dowel) with a rag in between against the end of the baffle and tapped it again 'till the holes lined up.
Sound...not a big drop in volume but less raspy? tinny? I always wear earplugs 'cuz of wind, now I still hear the exhaust but seems much smoother and mellower. Butt Dyno tells me the increased back pressure made the bike feel ,normal riding,"off the line" a little more responsive and torquier.
SC
After 300 miles..the last 150 without earplugs, I found them to be way too quiet on the highways and country roads as well. I could hear my top end better than the muffs. With earplugs ...no top end sound and very little muff sound. My son said it sounded like my suzuki 4 wheeler.
Re-installed Standard Baffles and it sounds awesome...what was I thinking ?
Guess I just had to try em.

Old 06-21-2011, 04:20 PM
monkey sammich
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Lovingly bathed her and rode to work today.

Maybe the brakes will get bled tomorrow.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?