Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What did you do to your bagger today?

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 07:36 PM
BrianSF-GA
Road Master
Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by supermario1
Keeping it bone stock
Where's the bone stock bike in the photo ... ??? .... lol.

PM Heathens ... ? Lookin' good, but then again I am a bit biased.

Old 03-24-2013, 10:09 PM
rsplanner
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rode it in Wisconsin

After four months in the garage. I took it for a ride in 36 degree weather with snow in the ditches but dry pavement. Over the winter I painted my inner fairing to match the Luxury Rich Red color, installed 12 Paul Yaffee Classic Apes, stainless, throttle and clutch cables and an in dash oil temperature gauge. A lot of work, but good filler time in cold winter.

The first ride with the new stuff was very good. I look forward to a good year.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:28 AM
Rev. Dr. Tom
6th Gear
Default Clutch stuff

I needed to replace the clutch cable b/c it was unbelievably stiff -- turns out, it was rusty inside, so no wonder. When pulling the exhaust so I could deal w/ the cable, I finally discovered the source of that annoying backfire on decel: a crack in the y-pipe. Figured that since I was in for penny, in for a pound, I would also check the clutch pack and replace if necessary (which I expected would be, given as I have put 50K on in the last 3 years.)

Surprise, surprise: the clutch pack was barely worn, miking out to just a little less than the new kevlar plates I had purchased in expectation of needing to replace them -- but since thickness was good, and there was absolutely no burning/checking, screw it, put it all back together and keep on running as it -- those new plates will get used, but probably not for another 30K.

Other stuff needs to be done before I'm back on the road (mostly clean and polish in those difficult-to-get-at-except-when-it's-torn-apart places), but that's ok b/c today was a good day: I discovered my Road King has a pretty good life expectancy and I'm going to be riding it for quite some time (unlike my '83 Shovel or my '62 Pan . . . )

Old 03-25-2013, 07:52 AM
Pa-Rider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got back from working in WV yesterday afternoon, and couldn't take it anymore. There's still snow on the ground here, but the roads were dry. I got a quick 20 ish mile ride in, just to see how she feels after all the changes this winter. Felt great! New Hayden primary tensioner was a HUGE improvement and made shifting more of a 'click' than the harsh noise it made prior. I can't wait for this weather to break!

Old 03-25-2013, 08:38 AM
Griff012FLHX
Club Member
Received 87 Likes on 52 Posts

Yesterday, just got back from my first long trip on her....
About 600 round trip, rode out to Pismo Beach.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 AM
TimMcC
Novice

Installed black Cyclevisions plus 2 bars and wired them internally, cruise control and daymaker headlights.

Love the new bars and lights.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM
McFrosty
Cruiser

Put on set of HD Adjustable Highway peg mounts & HD Airfoil pegs and went for a 300mi ride on Saturday. It was like riding in my Lazy Boy recliner! Super comfortable, nice to be able to vary my leg & foot positions during the day.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:24 AM
TimMcC
Novice

I also added an amplified J&M fairing mounted antenna, works great!

Old 03-25-2013, 07:11 PM
Rdgray
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Got bored yesterday with the snow so went out to the garage and started removing my fairing. Finished it up today, put painted fairing, oil temp gauge, fairing dash pad and chrome street glide mirrors. Oh yeah and changed oil in all three holes Friday (1000 mi) Mobil 1 Vtwin 20w50. Waiting on lowering springs for my chrome sliders. And need to order some polished rotors.

Old 03-25-2013, 07:23 PM
Kennypatterson
Road Master
Received 17 Likes on 9 Posts

Ordered my chrome hand controls. Once these are in I'm ready for the bar swap to Wild 1 578's with Avon grips, Arlen Ness mirrors, chrome controls and braided cables. Also gonna have my inner painted while it's off.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your bagger today?